October 27th, 2008
|04:35 pm - Clergy Training, and my credential renewal|
My Dedicant Priest status expires soon within ADF (Dedicant Priests expire each Samhain or Beltaine, depending on when they were consecrated, and need to renew yearly, showing progress in the Clergy Training Program). I have submitted my renewal information, and I'd really like to share it with everyone else.
- For the CTP circle I am enrolled in, I have successfully completed the following courses in the past year: (list this year's course completions to date and dates completed below)
- I am currently enrolled in CTP circle 2. In the past year, I have completed:
Magic 2, 04/01/08
- Remaining courses that I need to submit are: (list remaining courses for this Circle)
The obstacles that have kept me from completing these courses over the past year include:
- ADF Structure, Customs, and Policy
- IE Studies 2
- IE Myth 2
- Trance 1
- Ethics 1
- Divination 2
- Leadership Development 1
My plan for overcoming for these obstacles is:
- There have been few obstacles, outside of my current job situation, which is rather stressful and overly annoying. I was also doing a bit too much in ADF itself.
My detailed plan for course completion (course titles and deadlines) is:
- I have made more time for myself [ed. note: sounds trivial, but I've actively started working toward this, and it really is my entire plan
My support system will consist of:
- I will complete the following courses on this schedule:
- ADF Structure, Customs, and Policy (11/15/08)
- Trance 1 (11/30/08)
- Divination 2 (12/31/08)
- The following courses, if they are approved by the CC and the CoL by Yule, will be completed as follows:
- IE Studies 2 (01/01/09)
- IE Myth 2 (01/15/09)
- Ethics 1 (02/01/09)
- Leadership Development 1 (02/15/09)
- Trance 2 and at least some CTP 3 courses should follow closely on the heels I hope, by Samhian 09. That is not currently a "firm" completion date, however. If I were to give a "hoped-for" date of ordination, it would be Summerland 2010, though Summerland 2009 would be pretty cool (and remains an idle dream in my mind).
Other work I have done as an ADF Priest in the past year includes:
- My local Grove. I'm CC:ing this to them to let them know of my schedule, as I see it. Also, I'll ask druidkirk to give me a friendly push, and I have a winter where things are less hectic coming up to catch up. More importantly, though, I hope to be a part of the support system for anyone who might need it, because working together is, I think, the best form of encouragement for both the people encouraging and the people being encouraged.
I am, however, and individual student at heart, so the amount I can rely on (or be part of) a support system is limited by my natural tendencies.
Should I not meet this year's self-imposed standards, the consequences should be:
- My work as an ADF Priest has been limited mostly to my Grove. I have published few articles (though one large article of 6,000+ words went in to OL for the Nov. 1 '08 issue, if they choose to print it).
I have worked pretty hard on getting a skeletal exit standard group for CTP Circles 2 and 3, and placing them into coherent documents. Those documents have been submitted to the Council for approval, and have been returned to me for additional work. I have (at the same time) worked hard to provide the second and third circles of the Liturgist Guild Study Program, but these have not been submitted to the LG yet, or the CoL.
My work with the ADF Prison Ministry has been limited: I have received one letter from my inmate in the past year. While disheartening, it's not something I have much control over. I continue to send off letters every now and again.
The Grove has published a book (which I compiled) of our past liturgy and prayers. In addition, I am continuing work on two other books, at least one of which I hope to have out this coming April again.
- There are few current consequences in my position: I don't need to do more than show advancement per the bylaws; however, by committing to completing Circle 2 of the CTP, I am also committing to cutting back on another position on the Organizational level, should I not manage to complete CTP 2 by Spring Equinox, 2009.
It's important to me to get this out. Now ya'll know my schedule, so you can watch my progress, and keep me honest with myself and the Org.
Well, now I've got a plan. Time to execute.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Music: "Fins", -JB
Congratulations! Keep trooping. I admire that you continue to work and perservere... me, I've been the biggest slacker ever, although I have been think and re-evaluating a lot. I hesitate before I built my altar, this time, in case it took a different form... and it's starting to.
I realize it's wrong to use life's business as an excuse, but things really have been too hectic for much study and focus lately. Nonetheless, my faith is not forgotten and I look forward to getting involved with my Grove again. I hope to attend some DP classes, etc, anything that offers a refresher, inspiration, and added insight.
We hope to see you soon, too. You've been missed.
I quote this often, but: "It's when we feel least like praying that we need most to do so." When life gets hectic, it's the first thing to go, when it should be our first response in times of crisis, fear, anger, and business.
I think I quote it so often because it's so damn true in my life: prayer becomes a rarity any time we really need it.
It's something I'm always working on.
Interested to hear about the next form your altar takes. . . :)
Dude, I might have more issues than most :)
A number of us are fighting the good fight right now, trying to get these things done. The Clergy Council is working toward support and getting things put together for the folk who need it, though, and the CTP 2 and CTP 3 documents will have more information in them than CTP 1 does (actually, there isn't a CTP 1 document, so we're already improving the process as you move through).
Part of the reason for a public posting regarding this is that we're all human, and everyone struggles with this program: yeah, I posted mostly for support, but also to show others that it's okay to need support and to ask for it.
Set a plan for your stuff: it might make the road more manageable. :)
Actually, when planned out, it's not that daunting to me, objectively speaking.
I want to see if I can't get the revisions Carrion has supplied into the documents we have today, but things keep preventing me from doing that. I'm still aiming to have "final drafts" available for the CC by Samhain, though.
I spent an hour on ADF SCP
last night, btw. I suspect this one will take closer to three hours than two.
As you requested, of course :)
First, thanks for all you do. Seriously, I know you take on a ton and I want you to know you're appreciated. Also along those lines, if there's every anything I can do to help you...let me know.
For the Prison Ministry. I found a group out of Wisconsin who does an online pen pal thing through yahoo groups, if you're ever interested. Also, would you mind me using your Wheel of the Year as a guide/springboard/etc for the correspondence thing I'm trying to work up?
Please do use it. That's what it's there for :) And thanks for the support. I'll be posting more on these things as I finish them, hopefully ahead of schedule. . .
How's everything going? Haven't heard from you in awhile. I noticed that you had hoped to submit IE Studies this week, anything I can do to help you out?
Yeah, I intend to get that up today and submitted, or tomorrow. I have the work done, but it's not presentable yet. So I'll miss my target on this one by a day or two.
Not bad, considering that CTP 2 was approved. . . Yesterday!
And, really, I couldn't submit it until it was approved, anyway. So I don't consider myself too far behind. I'll be updating the CTP pages with the document today
, so look for it later!
I can never keep track of CoL stuff, I thought CTP2 was awhile ago!
Thanks for posting all your essays, it is really helpful to be able to see what others are doing/did for CTP 1.
Is the "offical guide" new? I haven't seen that before.
Yep. We'll be updating the Third Circle with one as well. Then we'll go back and make one for the First Circle. A tad backwards, but the First Circle already has a GSP outline available for it, so it's not a high priority at this point.
Really, the highest priority is getting the courses passed. We've discovered that taking one vote on a single document is a lot faster (and less confusing) than taking several votes on individual courses. So we started putting everything into documents and we're now passing entire circles at once.
More work on the front end, but so, sooooo much less on the back end.