December 8th, 2008
|12:43 pm - Beautiful day, with a chance of hiccups|
- I own my car outright. Final payment is in.
- Naked cats are going home, to Japan, in less than two weeks.
- Chuck is on tonight, as every Monday.
- My Tuesday nights are now free in perpetuity, until I decide to put something else there (PSA is now officially dissolved due to a complete lack of interest, special thanks to tesinth and ns_kumiho for being people who gave a damn).
- I now own a copy of Smallville Season 7, which I had to stop watching last year because the Grove wanted us to do more "stuff."
- News, not so hot, on one front where I need lots of good news, but not exactly damning, either. More like throwing an interception and having it returned for a touchdown late in the fourth quarter when you're up by 14. The proper response is always, "Coach, why the hell were we passing?"
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: calm
Current Music: "Something So Feminine About a Mandolin", -JB
Well, outside of maintenance, of course ;)
I did! There should be a thank-you in the mail to you, as well, as soon as I get to the post office (I need stamps).
I like to think that our get-together Saturday was an honorable farewell party to PSA.
It was. Best meeting we've had in about two years :)
|Date:||December 8th, 2008 06:42 pm (UTC)|| |
1. You own your car outright when I'm about to lose mine. Sigh.
2. I didn't know there were naked cats around. Obvious jokes omitted.
3. I take it this is not the Chuck that used to have your job.
4. Now we know what day to have parties.
5. Funny, I had to stop watching Smallville Season 7 because it was getting too dumb to keep downloading. (And considering how dumb it had gotten in previous years, that's saying something.)
I understand that Smallville's current season has seen a resurgence in the ratings. Dunno, because I still can't actually watch it. :)
*chuckle* Weren't those cats going home back in August? Did their flight get delayed? ;)
There are, I'm sure, perfectly legit reasons for that. Besides, they're pretty cool cats, even if they're a bit . . . naked.
Edited at 2008-12-08 07:37 pm (UTC)
|Date:||December 8th, 2008 07:28 pm (UTC)|| |
What the hell, let's see what we can do with Ziiace on Tuesday nights, if that fails then we might have identified a key reason PSA failed, our involvement. :)
Indeed, though I think we already know that if you and I had both walked away, we might just have seen PSA continue. Damn us for caring.
*laughs* I didn't even think about it in terms of the PSU-Iowa game :) It was a good game, though. . . :)
|Date:||December 8th, 2008 11:32 pm (UTC)|| |
I love Chuck as well, more than Heroes lately, sad to say.
I assume PSA means Pagan Student Assembly or somesuch? If it lasted for two years, that's about six months longer than any U of Michigan student pagan group has lasted, if that makes you feel better. >8) East Lansing had one that survived for nearly ten years, though.
I watch Heroes, but pretty much just because my girlfriend does. I love the premise, but I haven't really found the execution to be particularly good, in general.
The PSA is, indeed, the Pagan Student Association (so, close). It lasted for eleven years, actually. A hell of a good run, even for an adult-run Pagan org, but astounding for a student group, I tend to think.
I read the announcement about the PSA folding. Even though I never went to OSU I was sad to see it go. I used to do some outreach work with college students and know that frustration.
It is a difficult age I guess.
OH! and those naked cats scare me.
They're rather cute and cuddly, actually. Even if they are basically vampires for your warmth.
I'm past frustration on the part of PSA, really. The run it had was good, but we gave it every opportunity to resurrect itself. . . Those who have graduated, though, cannot force a student group together at all. So, as much as it pained us, we let it die.
I LOVE the naked cats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And they love your warmth! They steal it like vampires steal blood! They will drain it from you!