Lateness. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

August 27th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:03 pm - Lateness. . .
Damn, it's late for me. 9 PM is occasionally my bedtime. But I've been doing so well today I didn't want to go home yet.

I have new Grove fliers to match our spiffy new name, I have new pamphlets to match the same, and I'm flying on about 5 doughnuts from this morning and some canned mangos.

"Coffee's strong at the Cafe du Monde
Doughnuts are too hot to touch
Just like a fool, when those sweet goodies cool
I eat till I eat way too much
Cuz I'm livin on things that excite me
Be they pastries, lobster or love!"

Sometimes I look back at the Grove's humble beginning (i.e. me, a dream, and the email addresses of two ADF members). How'd I get here? How did we?

Well, at Summerland, we had a quick, impromptu Sumbel. Part of that is to boast. Damnit, I boasted about my Grove. I claimed it was the best damned Grove in ADF.

Gods damnit, I'm right.

I have the best people. I have hard working officers. And I'll be damned if we don't get along pretty well. There's no way I could have done this without them.

So, to my Grove, thanks for getting us here. I'll see this Grove through a Full Charter before I leave, I think.

I have some Pagan shops to visit on Friday. About 5 of 'em.

I'll be taking some Elysium fliers with me, too. After all, if Pandora didn't want me papering the damn town, she wouldn't have given me one, right?

We had a girl from Rosemont, IL contact us yesterday who wanted us to mail (not e-mail) info. . . That was a new one. I sent her a PSA flier, an Elysium flier, and a Three Cranes flier. I wish I'd had more to send her. But it got me thinking about getting a mailing list together and mailing hard copy newsletters out.
Current Music: "The Wino and I Know", -JB

(Leave a comment)