Did you know. . .? 50 neat things. - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

September 5th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
08:39 am - Did you know. . .? 50 neat things.
1) Thanks to the most recent addition to Three Cranes, there are more ADF members in Ohio than there are in any other state.

2) I don't believe in astrology, but I strongly suspect the fact that Mercury is in retrograde is affecting my car.

3) Eris is freakin' hot!!!

4) I spend 8-9 hours per day in front of a computer, suffer severe withdrawl when I'm not near one, and even sometimes have problems going to lunch because I'd rather ignore the world than live in it; despite that, I take weekends off of all computer access and am blissfully happy.

5) I once faked a fall in a fencing trounament so I could make the other kid look bad in the eyes of the judge, and after the bout I *admitted* it.

6) My opinion of crushes that aren't brought out and discussed comes from the uncountable previous crushes I've had and the pain I still get when I think about them.

7) I found Druidism through AD&D. Sue me.

8) I'm thankful I avoided what's sometimes referred to as the "Wiccan phase" of Paganism (where you become Wiccan by default because there're no books on anything else), but I understand better than most that it works for lots of people.

9) I hate leading rituals until I speak that opening prayer. My stomach twists, I feel ill, and I just want to curl up and die. As soon as the words of the first prayer leave my mouth, everything eases, and the ritual is simple.

10) I worship Eris, but I don't believe in the rest of the Greek pantheon.

11) I'm also a member of Ziiace, a highly secretive organization. Really. Go ahead and see if you can figure them out. Unfortunately, I can't tell you any more :)

12) I doubt I have the stomach for animal sacrifice. I can barely sacrifice plants!

13) I run at least one Chaos working per day.

14) I really do think I'm handsome, under some circumstances, but I get shot down enough that it doesn't go to my head.

15) I think the best way to get a chic is to find your ego and destroy it.

16) There are one hundred thirty-two green army men in my office, thirty-three tan army men, thirty-nine green-yellow army men, seventeen grey army men, twenty-five yellow army men, and assorted planes, choppers, tanks, and jeeps.

17) I kissed a guy once. Might do it again, but the circumstances would have to be *exactly* the same.

18) I like to colour. Crayons and coloured pencils are my favourite mediums.

19) There's an ADF Grove (the closest to NYC, Grove of the Other Gods) that does a Lughnassadh Luau that sounds very similar to the Buffett Ritual I did at Summerland.

20) I don't worship the Norse pantheon, but I have the idea they might be real, and I certainly give sacrifice to Oðin every time I make a set of Runes.

21) My language skills include the following: American, some English, Old Norse (with dictionary), Latin (with dictionary), a smattering of French, some Etruscan, a smattering of ancient Greek, some 1337, a smattering of Gaelic, and some Icelandic.

22) My patrons, Esus and Eris have learned to deal with each other in a fairly good way.

23) I'm a firm believer that doughnuts can solve any conflict.

24) There are 21 hours, 39 minutes, and 15 seconds worth of Buffett songs on my work computer. I erased all the other music I had on the machine. It's all 100% legal.

25) I've given up hotdog buns, except on Fridays.

26) ADF has a very pretty Member's Advocate.

27) September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. It's also my ex-roommate's wedding. I don't know how to get through both without a) being an ass at her wedding, or b) missing out on all the fun!

28) My ego isn't all that big. I usually just don't describe it quite to scale.

29) I constantly worry about the PSA, because I don't know how long it'll continue in its current state. But I have faith.

30) I love my house.

31) I remember every girl I've kissed or been kissed by.

32) I've made mistakes. Sometimes really, really big ones. I hope I learn from them.

33) If a person asks, I'll tell them *exactly* what I think of them. They'd better be ready for perfect honesty, though, because I can be brutal. Doesn't mean I don't like them.

34) I've stolen liberally from about 10 Groves in ADF to make our liturgy work. I try to thank them occasionally.

35) I realized last night that I see my Grove as if they were my children. This is probably an affect of accepting I'll never have any.

36) I resolved never to compromise on women.

37) I'm a hopeless flirt. It's fun. I love to be close to women. I like to think about them. I especially like to get them hot and bothered (if I can). Despite this, I really, honestly don't think I have it in me to cheat. I'm a one woman guy, I guess.

38) I struggle to be romantic more than three times per week. It's a lot of work. I hate it when it's forced, but sometimes it has to be. But it's freaking draining, and I'm usually in a bad mood for about a week after I've forced it.

39) You can always assume that I should be working.

40) I have the power to update the ADF webpage. Bow to me. Or point out stuff that's broken or outdated.

41) I make judgements on whether I'd date a chic based on her looks.

42) I'm coming down with carpal tunnel. Not from my mouse, but from my car.

43) I love postcards. I like to send and receive; however, I only send to chics, under most circumstances.

44) I am at least as ambitious as Caesar.

45) I do believe that I've found the (as Starhawk says) "One True Right Way" in my religion. That doesn't mean there aren't other "One True Right Ways" out there.

46) I'm constantly shocked by the amount of respect I receive from other ADF members.

47) I have a back-up retirement plan for my back-up retirement plan.

48) If I have facial hair, it's due to laziness, not because I like it.

49) I say things quite often that are wrong, just so I can admit that I was wrong. I invite people to deconstruct my ego on a regular basis. I don't want to be like the people who drove Columbus' Pagan community into the ground 5 years ago.

50) I spent an hour and a half writing this.

Current Mood: busy
Current Music: "Lage Nom Ai", -JB

From:bloodlikerain
Date:September 5th, 2003 10:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
ohh, you kissed anouther guy? whom?

thats kinda cool
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:September 8th, 2003 03:37 pm (UTC)

heh

(Link)
*That* is a whole other post entirely. Maybe one day, when you're all older :)