*sighs* - Chronarchy

July 17th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
08:53 am - *sighs*
"Open season on the open seas and
Captain says, 'No prisoners please!'
Skull and crossbones on a background of black,
We ain't stealing we're just takin' back!

We ain't stealin', we're just takin' back,
Very simple plan of attack.
It's our job and a labour of love
Take it home to the up above.

We ain't stealin', we're just takin' back,
Very simple statement of fact.
Call it pillage or call it plunder
We're takin' it back from the boys down under!

Hit us hard, took our treasure,
that was the worst thing they could do
It will be our great pleasure
To take it back from that Captain Kangaroo!

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of suds
It's the pirates' life we choose!
No we don't want a bucket of blood
Just a cup is all we could use.
Just a cup.

The sails are up and the bets are down,
Let's brighten up this harbour town!
By hook or crook or a new design
We're streakin' for that finish line.

We ain't stealin', we're just takin' back,
Very simple plan of attack.
It's our job and a labour of love
Take it home to the up above.

We ain't stealin', we're just takin' back,
Very simple statement of fact.
Call it pillage or call it plunder
We're takin' it back from the boys down under!

We ask ourselves when we get in a fix,
'What would Popeye do in a tight spot like this?'
He'd race for his true love and easily win it
In an old spinach can with a mast stuck in it!

Lift us up, take us high!
Time to let our spirits fly.
Lift us up, take us high!
Let us sail until we die.

Lift us up, take us high!
Let us flow above the morn.
Let our sails fill the skies
We are takin' our sweet treasure home

Take it back.
We're takin' it back.
Take it back."

-Jimmy Buffett, "Take It Back"
Current Mood: blankblank
Current Music: Take It Back, -JB

From:healing_coyote
Date:July 17th, 2003 07:06 am (UTC)
(Link)
weirdo. in a pirate mood are we?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 17th, 2003 07:20 am (UTC)

Perhaps

(Link)
Maybe I am. Will it get me women? I hear the pirate outfit will.

-MJD

"Sail the main course, sail it in a simple, sturdy craft,
Keep her well stocked with short stories and long laughs,
Fast enough to get there, but slow enough to see,
Moderation seems to be the key!"
-Jimmy Buffett, "Barometer Soup"