Five Question Madness! - Chronarchy

September 11th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
02:00 pm - Five Question Madness!
From autumnfey:

1. Your dream job (education/experience not a barrier)?

Hiking. All the time, every day. Be nice to have weekends and major holidays off, too. :)

2. Realistically what you would like to do for a career?

Teaching would be a good bet. A professorship would be nice. One where I got the summer off. I'm setting up to apply to the Master's program in Religious Studies here at the moment.

3. Fate vs Free Will or something in between?

Fate. Of course, I still get to make my choices, but fate is where it's at.

4. What triggers your memories most (smells, sounds, visuals, etc)?

Usually smells. The smell of wet, hot asphalt in the rain reminds me of being a kid in KY. There's a certain smell that reminds me of an ex. There's the smell of sweat that reminds me of fencing, and a jacket that got washed only once every two weeks and after matches. There's a particular deodorant that reminds me of my father. There's an aftershave I no longer use that reminded me of a friend. From my time on a farm, I can actually differentiate different farm animals by smell alone.

Then there are the sounds, though. Driving around listening to Smashing Pumpkins (Particularly Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness) takes me back to High School, and driving the back roads between school and my house in the late night. Most of the time, I'd just sing along, or talk to myself, or berate myself for being an ignorant kid. It was a good time.

5. If you could visit anywhere on Earth this weekend - where would you go?

Hmm. . . Maybe Kenya. I'd like to wake up dry beneath the African sky, just me and maybe a Swiss Army knife.

And there's always Key West. I have a hankering for a really good Cheeseburger right now.
Current Mood: calmcalm
Current Music: "Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost", -JB