September 11th, 2003
|02:00 pm - Five Question Madness!|
1. Your dream job (education/experience not a barrier)?
Hiking. All the time, every day. Be nice to have weekends and major holidays off, too. :)
2. Realistically what you would like to do for a career?
Teaching would be a good bet. A professorship would be nice. One where I got the summer off. I'm setting up to apply to the Master's program in Religious Studies here at the moment.
3. Fate vs Free Will or something in between?
Fate. Of course, I still get to make my choices, but fate is where it's at.
4. What triggers your memories most (smells, sounds, visuals, etc)?
Usually smells. The smell of wet, hot asphalt in the rain reminds me of being a kid in KY. There's a certain smell that reminds me of an ex. There's the smell of sweat that reminds me of fencing, and a jacket that got washed only once every two weeks and after matches. There's a particular deodorant that reminds me of my father. There's an aftershave I no longer use that reminded me of a friend. From my time on a farm, I can actually differentiate different farm animals by smell alone.
Then there are the sounds, though. Driving around listening to Smashing Pumpkins (Particularly Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness) takes me back to High School, and driving the back roads between school and my house in the late night. Most of the time, I'd just sing along, or talk to myself, or berate myself for being an ignorant kid. It was a good time.
5. If you could visit anywhere on Earth this weekend - where would you go?
Hmm. . . Maybe Kenya. I'd like to wake up dry beneath the African sky, just me and maybe a Swiss Army knife.
And there's always Key West. I have a hankering for a really good Cheeseburger right now.
Current Mood: calm
Current Music: "Vampires, Mummies and the Holy Ghost", -JB
Ask me five questions! I'll answer 'em!
ha ha ha! i didn't think you could post to your own entry!
1. If you could be a superhero, what would you be/what powers would you have?
2. What is your favorite film, and why? What do you think that film says about your personality?
3. If you had the time/money, what new hobby would you pick up?
4. What are your thoughts on "soul-friends;" friends that are so close that they pick up on each other's thoughts/feelings (complete understanding)? Do you have any friends like this?
5. If the gods chose to save your life from disaster, but you had to live without one of your 6 senses (see, hear, smell, taste, touch, instinct), which would you choose to lose?
(give me some questions too!)
Posted. See the next entry (damn LJ is being bitchy!)