February 25th, 2005
|03:51 pm - 10 things, baby!|
Ten things I've done, at the request of shizukagozen:
- Seen three UFO's: a "weather baloon", a "cigar", and a "moving-lights-in-weird-patterns". I still do not believe in UFO's.
- Been met at two airports in one year with boobies!
- Laughed at Cthulhu's tentacled face.
- Eaten the heart of a goose.
- Spent four days at Harvard and three days at the University of Richmond rubbing elbows with some of the biggest names in Celtic studies.
- Created and performed an entire liturgy based on the lyrics and songs of Jimmy Buffett. I managed to be totally serious while doing this.
- Had my two front teeth knocked out by the butt of a gun.
- Carried on an intelligent conversation with a cockroach
- Been unable to produce a tear due to emotion for over a decade and a half.
- Drove for 24 hours both ways to Key West, only to spend 6 hours on the Key. During this trip, I started drinking before noon, sat on the beach with a hot german journalist, ate a coconut directly off the palm tree for breakfast, went to Captain Tony's Saloon, and decided not to stay to watch sunset in Mallory Square.
- Edit: Oh, and I studied for two years under the greatest fencing master in the world. I forgot to put that on. :)
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: "The Great Filling Station Holdup", -JB
8. Carried on an intelligent conversation with a cockroach.
Ooh, very Kafka-esque of you.
It was quite the conversation, I admit.
12. Dressed up like Indian Jones and went to shizukagozen
's home in Austria to knock on her door so she could say, in a very bad German accent,: "If you are a Scotsman, then I am Mickey Mouse!"
It's that damn past tense that keeps me from listing it now :)
Well, it's actually me in the future writing about something in the past-future and then posting it in the present.
|Date:||February 27th, 2005 12:15 am (UTC)|| |
Greetings. Meghan said that I should add you to my friends list, so I have. So, how many SAN points did you lose from number 3? -)
|Date:||February 28th, 2005 05:38 pm (UTC)|| |
Cool. And that link title is extremely appropriate.
So, like, your front two teeth are fake, then?
My dad got one of his front teeth knocked out. He was working at a factory and had a ladder smack him in the mouth. I guess he just has bad luck with ladders. He fell off one in 1999. Poor soul.
Ladders are, on the whole, bad luck.
They are. My father was working on the outside of my parents' house and the ladder he was working with fell down and hit my second youngest brother in the head.
Damn ladders! *shakes fist*
I'm going to get rid of one now, just for you.
Sweet! Ladder sacrifices!