?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Chronarchy

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Chronarchy.com

Links
Ár nDraíocht Féin
Three Cranes
MySpace
Chaos Matrix
OSU PSA

March 16th, 2005


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
06:00 pm - I know some of you are/have been Clergy. . .
Got home, and remembered I wanted to ask a question:

For those who feel they're pre-disposed to clergy**, what should I be looking for to tell me I am?

I've got the idea that I should be looking for a calling. . . a vocation if you will. Can anyone describe that? Or point me to a good book that does? (And no, I'm definitely not opposed to reading books about Christian "vocations".)

Because damnit, I'm confused. It's official. And it bothers me that I can't figure it out.

** - note: I don't mean necessarily ordained clergy: self-styled clergy works just fine for me. I've been trying for over 7 months to figure this thing out.
Current Mood: confusedconfused
Current Music: "Last Mango in Paris", -JB
Tags: ,

(34 comments Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:smithing_chick
Date:March 17th, 2005 06:34 am (UTC)
(Link)
I do clergy stuff because it needed done & I'm willing to do the work. I didn't seek it out or "get called" or whatever, just saw the need.

I disagree with the idea that those who don't want the job are the right ones. I think the issue is that there are folks who enjoy the title & the preceived power or glamour that they see with it. The good ones are the ones who see that the Folk need to be served & that the Kins need to be served & are willing to do the sort of work that is entailed in that.

Which is why I find it kinda funny that this is an issue for you, let alone such a large one. You're already *doing* the work. You're either expecting a Decree from the Gods with Shinging Lights & possible smack upside the head OR you're looking for a reason to duck out of it.

I've told you before- you're already clergy. At some point you'll figure this out & stop wasting your energy trying to figure out whether or not you should be something you've already become.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:March 17th, 2005 02:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'd find myself remiss if I didn't seriously examine what I'm doing, consider it very carefully, and make damn sure I'm making the right choice.

I don't want to look back and say, "What the hell was I thinking?"

As for power and glamour, who sees that in clergy? It seems to me to be a darn dirty job.
[User Picture]
From:smithing_chick
Date:March 19th, 2005 05:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
I think my earlier response got eaten by the LJ Void or something....

Anyways, It's OK to examine things- you just seem to be examining this one to a minute degree. You already know why you're doing most of these things- you just seem to have issue with using that particular term to describe what you do. I think instead of asking yourself if you want to be clergy, you should be wondering if you already became clergy without realizing it.

Like you, I don't see any power or glamour in it but we've seen plenty of evidence that there are those that do. Like certain folks who take leadership positions & then don't do the job while complaining everyone's out to get them. :)

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com