April 20th, 2005
|09:17 am - What a day. . . Sigils and time-traveling mages. . . Stay away from me, please!|
Well, yesterday was officially the busiest day I've had in a long time.
I met 15 total time-traveling mages, and found out that they can really keep one busy.
I noticed that my sigilzation technique changed. I think this was self-defense, actually, as I found myself suddenly required to make sigils at the drop of a hat, with little thought and lots of creativity.
In the past, my sigils have been mostly words formed into symbols; yesterday, they were mostly cartoonish drawings and initials (when letters were actually involved). I'm not so impressed with how they look, because some quite clearly convey the exact intent, which is sometimes considered a no-no in the sigilization world.
Truth be told, they are, in general, poor displays of sigilmanship (if such a thing exists) if you look at them from the armchair of Chaos Magic theory. If I had seen these sigils on Monday, I would have suggested that the Chaote who drew them go back to Sigil School.
I will have a copy of all the sigils I did at Trillium this weekend, if you're really interested. Here are the highlights for people who won't get to be there (I'll hopefully be able to get pics up later for the ones that have no pic):
- The sigil that started it all was for fred_smith, and is for opening a pickle jar.
- A sigil for tlachtga to get her boyfriend to pick up his clothes, or at least not leave them on the floor.
- A sigil for a guy named Jaxx Splaxt, who noted that he was currently in the Anderson System and in the 25th century. I created a sigil to help him find his Yarston Blaster (whatever that is).
- A sigil for tanrinia because she needed one.
- A sigil for ceolnamara to find a free table at lunch.
- A sigil for a girl named Cynthia who introduced herself at lunch.
- A sigil for singingwren, who needed her sound card fixed (unforunately, no amount of magic can fix the sound on a computer without a soundcard. . .)
- A sigil for saffronhare to ward off the bugs.
- A sigil for perlgirlju for some R&R.
- One sigil was written on the back of a five dollar bill for a cashier at Wendy's who was looking for a boyfriend.
- A sigil for mistw02 for a test.
- A sigil for an idiot who couldn't install SPSS (passed over the counter at work).
- A sigil for rfunk for his attendance at PSA in the past.
- A sigil for ceolnamara was also done to help her open an Orange Juice bottle on Sunday, but it hasn't been done yet.
- And finally, a sigil for the campus preacher dude who is very obviously a time-traveling magician, but was very resistant for a while to taking the sigil, because I think he wanted to keep his status as a mage on the DL.
But most importantly, a big thank-you to everyone who was not a time-traveling mage yesterday. You have no idea how much I appreciate your normalcy.
Current Mood: accomplished
Current Music: "Boat Drinks", -JB
I appear to be unaware of my secret nature as a time-traveling magician, although with me, I am always willing to harbor deep suspicions of anything.
It makes my mind reel to try to consider me coming to you for something that, at the "real" time, I hadn't presently considered yet... knowing that when I did so, it was in the past, and probably well in the past because it will likely be a long time before I try anything as crazy / brave as that. But why would I go back into the past that far for something that, in the future, I will already know cannot be fixed? I will know then, that in the past, it did not work.
Or will I? Maybe in the future, I will do something like that not knowing what will happen because I will haven't (haha, is taht a tense? XD) actually DONE it yet -- that is, tried to go back and experienced going back in the past to a different point (because yesterday, I was also obviously in class instead of your office, occupying a different reality tunnel of the past.)
But if that were the case, wouldn't I already KNOW it didn't work because at the point in my future reading this LJ will have happened in the past?
... Ooh, or maybe that will be WHY I do that, just because I figure if everybody else is doing it, I might as traverse a few chunks of time and step into your office to annoy you as well? :D
... I fear for our futures.
No wonder my brain was so fried all through CS&E. ^-^;
On the other hand, though: did you fire it? Because if not, well, there's not much I can do. :) I can only provide the tools: you have to apply :)
And truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
Dizzying or already thoroughly dizzied? :)
Truth be told, i actually crashed into bed as soon as you left, earning waht felt like the longest night of sleep in my life. I kept waking up from weird dreams, and I would think it was almost morning, but it turn out that I had hours and hours more to sleep. Mmmm, three cheers for waking up rested after going to bed past 2am every night for 10 days. :D
I still intend to fire the sigil and call Microsoft today -- is it still best for me to do so before i call them, o ris it too late?
Go ahead and fire it. It can't hurt, that's for sure.
And you were looking rather tired when I left :)
Yassir, I reckon a crazy-busy day like yesterday can do that to a person.
You, of all people, certainly know. :)
I'm surprised I'm moving after yesterday's shenannigans.