May 25th, 2005
|01:31 pm - Some things that have struck and/or amused me in the past few days:|
- I need to learn how to treat people who have seizures. I've seen two in recent memory, and as a former first-responder to emergency situations, I should know this stuff, but I don't. And watching a man have a seizure in the airport yesterday was surreal. No one knew how to respond, and so no one did. I wasn't anywhere close to the guy, and I was the only person to run to the ticket counter to get help. What was wrong with those people? No one even called for help. But what really got me thinking about it was this thought: what happens if someone has a seizure at a Grove event?
- Also at the airport: "Please be conscious of all metal on your person." I was amused by this. It seemed to me that the nice-sounding lady on the intercom was asking people to use the Force to feel anything with metal content on their body, to separate it out, and to know where it is, mentally. It seemed like a very metaphysical way of putting it.
- From singingwren at lunch today: "Besides lactating sheep, there are other animals that lactate. That's why we have different traditions of Paganism." This, of course, is a reference to PSA's first Lantern Article. We teach our Co-Chairs well.
- Sometimes, you forget just how good your friends are.
- I saw Star Wars twice on opening night. I haven't talked about it, but it's one of the best stories I have at the moment. I'll definitely have to talk about it soon, because I saw it before everyone on my friend's list. I got to see a press screening. For free.
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "She's Got You", -JB
Wow, that's really fun to read about.
I love Wiki. I'm clicking links and learning all about this stuff now.
Interestingly, I had many of the same feelings that they attribute to "Bystander Effect". I'm rather happy, though, that the difference is that I actually did something.
You know, she was kinda cute.
No, Wiki is evil! Kat's Latin professor runs it and forces them to write articles and research for it. He's a big Nazi, and so I have been told by Kat that this Wiki is fascist.
|Date:||May 26th, 2005 09:12 pm (UTC)|| |
I assume you mean Wikipedia, rather than Wiki in general; there are lots of Wikis in the world.
And ANYONE can write for Wikipedia.