?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Stupid Esus/Jesus freaks. . . - Chronarchy

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Chronarchy.com

Links
Ár nDraíocht Féin
Three Cranes
MySpace
Chaos Matrix
OSU PSA

July 19th, 2005


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:53 am - Stupid Esus/Jesus freaks. . .
fred_smith pointed this out to me:

"Esus is Jesus"

What amuses me most are the first four links for "finding out more about Esus" link directly to me (the geocities site is also mine), and I would *totally* contradict his argument.

I guess that I can't simply believe that I can just ignore the crazies. If they're using my page to support their arguments, I'll have to update it to point out that Esus is not, in fact, Jesus, or vice versa

Ah, the perils of having good, scholarly information on the internet. Someone will find a way to twist it.
Current Mood: amusedamused
Current Music: "Tin Cup Chalice", -JB

(41 comments Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:ninjer
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
What I would do is replace the pages you have with very offensive, nasty pictures. Just for a month or two.

But then, I'm an asshole.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That is one option, yes, but honestly, there are a lot of good sites that link me, too, and I don't want to screw them over because of a single crazy man. Instead, I added a note to my main page about Esus.
[User Picture]
From:fionnabhar
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I love the etymological argument best. ESUS = J-ESUS, get it? It's the spelling that gives it away.

By this same token, the sacred symbol of THOR should be a THOR-N. Or perhaps THOR-AZINE.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Obviously "can't" and "cant" are related words because they look similar.
[User Picture]
From:anivair
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm in favor of replacing the links.

"If you came here form a site called Jesus is Esus note that the author is a complete tool and his views should be taken roughly as seriously as those of a flat-earther. please read on for actual facts."

Also, you gotta love a guy too lazy to put links in his html. "Here's a list of the addresses . . . just cut and paste them yourself."
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think the site itself is dedicated to exposing this guy. I think it's just chance that they copy/pasted his email entirely.
[User Picture]
From:garan_du
Date:July 19th, 2005 02:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Someone will find a way to twist it.

And now you have some inkling of what the real Jesus (if there ever was such a one) thinks about how his teachings have been portrayed over the centuries.
(Deleted comment)
(Deleted comment)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 03:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"Esus' horrid altars"?

Yes, I could see that being vaguely reminicent of a guy nailed to a cross. . .
(Deleted comment)
From:fred_smith
Date:July 19th, 2005 03:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Talking of good, scholarly information: Fred_Smith is not FredSmith or vice versa.

Other than that, good for you contradicting the crazies, this is not an issue I know a great deal about, but I'm glad I could accidentally help out. Hopefully the top note will help.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 03:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oops. :) Got that fixed. Damn that fredsmith, taking your good press!
From:shizukagozen
Date:July 19th, 2005 04:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That bastard! Let's go kick his ass. :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 06:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ya! Ass-kicking!
[User Picture]
From:romandruid
Date:July 19th, 2005 05:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, Esus is Jesus without his J. Everyone knows that Esus is drug-free.
*sheesh*
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:July 19th, 2005 06:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
He's still got that E going on there, though. . .
[User Picture]
From:singingwren
Date:July 19th, 2005 09:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*blank stare*

Are you saying that's not true?

... You better not be insulting my god, who is also Esus who is ALSO Jesus!!

[User Picture]
From:singingwren
Date:July 19th, 2005 09:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
... Who is also Shub Niggurath, according to that song I found.

An interesting chain of connections: Shubby = Cernunnos = Esus = Jesus. Therefore... Jesus = Shubby?

That'd be a pretty fucked up mythos.
I'd probably like it. :D
[User Picture]
From:nontacitare
Date:July 19th, 2005 10:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think you need to write something about the UFO-Bible-Esus connection.
[User Picture]
From:rfunk
Date:July 19th, 2005 10:55 pm (UTC)

crazies

(Link)
That page is either crazy or a hoax, but I can't quite figure out which. Considering things like Landover Baptist, I lean slightly toward hoax.

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com