September 29th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
10:20 am - "Nibblin' on Sponge Cake. . ."
Elysium:

I had a great time.

See, I go to different festivals for different reasons. I go to Summerland because it feels like coming home. I went to Wellspring this year, and I'll go next year because I feel like I have to. I went to Elysium primarily because it was the regional festival, despite my overloaded schedule and rather panicked thought that my car would be really, really bitchy (Thanks, St. Gulik).

I wondered if GROTTO would pull off a festival that could have the same feeling as Summerland. After all, Summerland is put on by my home Grove, 6th Night. I have to say that Elysium was on par with Summerland (though shorter, and very poorly placed for me), and I had an absolute blast.

John Michael Greer's workshops were wonderful. For those who are interested, I found a link, with that very picture that JMG mentioned:

http://www.geocities.com/caldruids/pagetwo.html (Careful, not safe for work or persons insecure in their sexuality, but very funny!)

(Their homepage is interesting, too. Obviously from California.)

Wish I'd had a book for JMG to sign, but I didn't manage to get one on Thursday night.

I also learned how to make a "nun hat", as I like to call them. You know: those hats you see the Brit Druids wearing all the time. I don't remember what he called it, but I'll call it a "nun hat" forever.

The ritual of Sacrifice to Pomona was really cool, too. I'm shocked I made it on time. . . :)

Anyway, for those who didn't go: shame on you.

I also have a copy of Isaac's newest book now. Now all I have to do is find the man and make him sign it!

And word has it that OSU beat Northwestern 20-0, so I'm happy with that.

And I now have pictures of me dancing with the Archdruid, as well as me in a parrot hat at the Buffett Ritual.

Just wait until I can put some PS action on them, so they're small enough to post!
Current Mood: cheerfulcheerful
Current Music: "Dallas", -JB

(1 comment Leave a comment)

From:chronarchy
Date:September 29th, 2003 05:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think what I meant by shorter was that it felt shorter. Of course, I was seriously rushed to get there (I can't take Fridays off at this time of year. Stupid students). *grins*

I pulled the schedule, though, and looked at it. Summerland had three workshops on Friday, and a large ritual, where Elysium had two workshops, a ritual, and a bardic circle. Most likely, it's just a perception problem on my part, esp. since I didn't manage to make it to both workshops at Elysium and I was working hard on that ritual for Summerland.

*shrugs* I think it's the feeling.

Oh, and one other thing: there was much less dancing during the band, too. That's a function of the limited space in the dining hall, I think.

I really, really liked the event, though, and I thank GROTTO for putting it on. It really was fun.