Five Question Madness! - Chronarchy

October 1st, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
06:50 pm - Five Question Madness!
From autumnfey:

1. In reference to your answer to question 3 above - how did I teach you to cut down your own ego? (for the life of me I can't imagine it . .)

Well, perhaps a better wording would have been that there was a lot that just didn't matter. It doesn't matter how I look, how I feel, what I do, who I'm with, or how things are going. What matters to me is me.

Then there's the fact that we had a lot of play flirting that never got out of hand, and it both built and broke my ego constantly. I learned that it was pretty easy to pick up the pieces, and that it never hurt to bust down the wall.

2. What is your favorite non JB song?

Tough one. Maybe "Sweet Child o' Mine"? Possibly "1952 Vincent Black Lightning"? Or I could be a real smartass and say "It's Five O'Clock Somewhere". Or I could hit my own roots (as a 13 year old white kid) and say "Basket Case" or "Jeremy". If I go back farther, it's probably "Brandy".

And there's always "I'll Tell Me Ma". Yeah, I think that one wins. Gaelic Storm's version, if you're wondering.

3. If you could live in any place/point in history what would it be? For a specific event or just the period?

Well, to be honest, I kinda like air conditioning, flushing toilets, my computer and the internet, and lots of other little things. I'm not anxious to be a peasant in the middle ages who doesn't get to eat meat, a Druid in Gaul who has to find a way to sleep through cold winter nights, a Red Army member in the middle of a Russian winter, or a paleolithic hunter who'd already be old by my age.

I rather like today. It's kinda nice.

However, I would not terribly mind having the chance to witness just one Druidic ritual. Just to watch. *That* would be invaluble.

4. Is there any skill or craft that you wish you knew (but maybe don't have the time or aptitude for)?

The ability to carve wood really, really well. At heart, I'm not a patient person, honestly. I'm also not an artsy type. I'm more of a concrete thinker, who really doesn't have time to "waste" working on the arts.

My body isn't patient enough to work with a steady hand for hours on end. I wish it was.

5. What book most changed your life?

Cheezyness alert! Crazy, probably stupid answer ahead!

The AD&D Second Edition "Complete Druid's Handbook". Why? Because that's how I found out what a Druid was. Crazy, yes, but true.

The really scary thing is this: that book was more historically accurate than half the shit (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) that I read for a few years after that.
Current Mood: anxiousanxious
Current Music: "Tin Cup Chalice", -JB

(1 comment Leave a comment)

Comments:

From:vampyrecandy
Date:October 2nd, 2003 11:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'll tell me ma
When I go home
The boys won't leave
The girls alone
She is handsome
She is pretty
She's the belle of Belfast City

And so on ...

If only I could remember my math like these songs. :-p