Roll with the punches. . . - Chronarchy

October 6th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:37 am - Roll with the punches. . .
"You can say you're too old to be young,
You can say you're too smart to be dumb,
But the well seasoned pro knows how long he can go
Don't Chu-Know, Don't Chu-Know, Don't Chu-Know?"

* * * *

So I walk into Dreese Lab this morning (I go through every day on my way to work). On the celing are the fire signals that flash (very brightly, I might add). Well, they were all flashing, as if the alarm was going off, but there was no sonic alarm.

Well, this was a bit strange, but I didn't think much of it, just figuring it to be a glitch.

I made the second turn into the long hall, and, coming from the janitor's closet (the door of which was slightly ajar and the lights were off), came two male voices:

"Hey, Bob? Is the building on fire?"

"Uh, I don't know yet. . ."

I had no idea how to take that.

* * * *

Yes, I admit that my away message sucks. I don't have the time or the inclination to set it up. Honestly, it's not worth it.

But I used to have some killer ones.

* * * *

I need to send something to Diana, something to Meg, and something to someone special. I just sent something out to healing_coyote the other day.

* * * *

Hey, if you aren't doing anything on Oct. 25, you can come donate blood with the Grove.

* * * *

I was really well-rested this morning. Instead of trying to struggle out of bed, I was struggling to go back to sleep. It felt really nice.

The extra exercise hasn't hurt.

* * * *

Time to do some work. I need to replace some things on the ADF site (I see Anthony's already been at it pretty strongly), I need to update my website, and I need to get the Samhain liturgy mostly together.

* * * *

One of our students gained weight over the summer. I'd guess 10 lbs. Good thing, cuz she was stick thin.

* * * *

Boston is coming up. . . I really need to get a place to stay! Bad, bad, lazy me!

Do I get one bed or two? How is this going to work out?
Current Mood: hopefulhopeful
Current Music: "Cowboy in the Jungle", -JB

From:autumnfey
Date:October 6th, 2003 02:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hey, could I get some questions here?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 6th, 2003 02:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Questions? You want questions?

(Sorry, it's been busy *grins*)

1. When you make a mistake, do you try to cover for it (even for a bit), or do you admit it outright?

2. What kind of superpower do you want?

3. What is the one thing in your past you regret the most?

4. Would you change that thing (from 3) if you could?

5. Describe what's outside your window (if you have one) or else what's on your wall.

Working on responding to your email, btw.
[User Picture]
From:autumnfey
Date:October 7th, 2003 04:43 pm (UTC)

Here goes . . .

(Link)
1. When you make a mistake, do you try to cover for it (even for a bit), or do you admit it outright?
Usually I own up to it right away, not afraid to say when I've done something wrong or don't know the answer. That is not to say that if no one noticed the mistake and I could easily fix it myself with none the wiser I wouldn't do that.

2. What kind of superpower do you want?
This is a very interesting question, especially considering I used to be a hard core comic book geek. Most powers have their advantages and disadvantages. I always liked shapeshifters, and certainly psi powers would be cool. But I have to say something like Wolverine gives one the most advantages. Having a super healing factor coupled with the advanced metabolism which helps give him a little more strength and speed seem like a great way to go. And you age slower than normal. Of course, one power that I thought was never used but should have been, was the power to change atoms, to literally touch something and rearrange/add/subtract electrons. You could really do anything with that!

3. What is the one thing in your past you regret the most?
This is really a hard one, and in thinking about this last night, I came up with 5 things that I regret in my life, but those will be listed in a personal journal entry for your perusal. The number one thing I regret is not being honest about my feelings. In general this applies to guys/relationships, but probably to some friendships and people I have disliked as well. In general, I'm not much with communicating true feelings and thoughts with people (there are of course a few exceptions). And in general, that is fine, as the other people don't need to know. But there have been a handful of people that I wish I had just fessed up to instead of either playing games or just not saying anything.

4. Would you change that thing (from 3) if you could?
In most cases, no, but in the handful, yes. It is not that I regret where I am now. I think that in all of the cases I am thinking of, my honesty would not change how my life went or who I am with now, it would just have let me get to know some people better and maybe preserved some friendships in the post-dating phase.

5. Describe what's outside your window (if you have one) or else what's on your wall.
Right now there is an airconditioner in the window by the computer. Once I take that out (which should be this weekend considering how cold it is here!) I would be able to see my neighbor's roof, some great blue sky and tree covered hills in the distance. Unfortunately it is one of the worst window views we have.