May 19th, 2006
|05:04 pm - Questions to ask and answer|
Taken from latexpussy's lj, here's a bit of a quiz:
Ask me one question for each topic (in depth or simple) and I will do the same for you.
11. Home town
12. Physical Appearance
13. Volunteer Work
14. Life Goals
15. The World
My answers to her questions can be found in this entry.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "Off to See the Lizard", -JB
1. What are three places you feel you must see before you die?
The Wilds of Alaska, More of Joyce Kilmer MF and my mountains here, The Black Hills
2. Where is deity (however you define it) when you start walking?
In everything before and after us. It comes from within my and bounces off of the beauty of the WHOLE and returns to my soul even more special than the second before. It is in every step and everything I see when that step is taken.
3. Do you feel you can always count on your family for support?
No. You should never count on support from another human, it is better to place that trust in the Spirits of Nature.
4. How do you interact with those you love?
I cook with them, teach them to garden, take care of Earth, recycle, make butter, quilt, can foods, talk to trees.
5. Dripping wax: fan, or not so much?
Yeah....all I can say is tried it , liked it, did it more! Better if tied up tho!
6. If you had a week to do anything you wanted, what would you do for most of it?
I once spent 5 weeks alone in Citico Wilderness Area. I would grab my pack and head up to the Wilderness Area again.
7. 17 cats, eh? How long did it take you to acquire all of them?
Flat Cat-a client at work stepped on him as a kitten and he almost died so I took him and raised him, Fradie Cat- my daughter's cat had a litter and I was taking them to a woman who wanted them for her barn. He hid under the seat and I did not know he was there til I got back home...so he stayed here, Teany Cat- a stray showed up at my Mother's and my brother was going to kill her so I got her, Lap Cat- a stray just showed up here, Tap Cat - same situation, Tom Cat - same, Mouse Cat - a friend was no longer able to keep him so I took him, Butters and Squirrel moved in when my bf moved in, Cutie was a gift from my daughter (she stays inside and is my baby, I got her after my 15 year old cat Clinton died), Azrael is my bf's indoor cat, Hades and Persephone I got from trading a rescued cat named Sally to my daugther for these two kittens who are no longer kittens, Stray Cat - well...you know lol, Road Cat was in the middle of the highway hit by a car and almost dead so I brought her home and luckily did not have to re-name her Dead Cat, Teany Cat had 3 babies now known as No Name Cats 1 and 2.
8. Is it easy, or hard to betray your friendship?
I have very few friends IRL and I had to think about this one, I tend to keep friends forever when I allow them into my life. I think I would say hard....mistakes are just a part of life.
9. If you could put one book into the cirriculum of every school, what would it be?
Tom Brown, Jr's "The Tracker"
10. Did you like, or dislike "movie days" when you were in school, days when nothing else was done but a film was watched?
Disliked....I am not a big movie person and never was.
11. Would you change your "home town" if you had the chance?
Never...I live in a little town in East Tennessee. I could not leave my mountains. I tried once and it just don't work.
12. What is the first trait you notice in others?
Usually honesty. I have been pretty lucky in picking out the liars from the truth sayers!
13. Do you make use of the many opportunities to volunteer out of doors?
I have an Environmental Oraganization and considering where were live, we do a lot of volunteer work for the Cherokee National Forest Service so....yes!
14. When you come to a choice on the road to meeting your goals, how do you decide which way to go?
I step back, go sit under my favorite Oak Tree, weigh out every option in my mind and the pros and cons of each, meditate, take a nap and then ask the tree to tell me which way to go. It has never lead me down the wrong path thus far!
15. What means the world to you?
Inner Peace....and I am getting there. (also living a self sustainable lifestyle...and I am almost there as well)