May 19th, 2006
|05:04 pm - Questions to ask and answer|
Taken from latexpussy's lj, here's a bit of a quiz:
Ask me one question for each topic (in depth or simple) and I will do the same for you.
11. Home town
12. Physical Appearance
13. Volunteer Work
14. Life Goals
15. The World
My answers to her questions can be found in this entry.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "Off to See the Lizard", -JB
9. What was the most memorable book you read from the AP History courses in high school? What was the most influential book you read as you were making your path to druidism?
A World Lit Only By Fire by William Manchester for #1, and for #2, I'd have to say that it was the book that introduced me to the term "Druid", which was the AD&D 2nd Edition Player's Handbook. Shameful as it is to say that. But I wouldn't have ever found a term if it weren't for that book. There are many, many books more influential on the actual path, but I found the path through that book.
10. What was the most influential movie you saw as a kid? What was your favorite in the last 10 years?
Probably Braveheart, I think. I just really liked it, and it got me interested in military history, too. My favourite in the last ten years might just be Amelie, a French film. If you ever get a chance, see it.
11. Would you have preferred to have lived in one home town our entire childhood? Do you think the moves were good for getting new experiences and meeting different kinds of people, or does it give you more of a sense of home town identity crisis?
I think I ended up deciding to like the moving around. It may bave been more of a self-defense mechanism, but I don't think I'd trade it.
12. How can we look so similar, but you get so many more women:-p? Which physical feature which you are unable to change bothers you the most? Which do you like the most?
1) I have no idea, but I did spend a very long time in front of the mirror practicing ways of looking at others, learning how to grin, how to stand in such a way to look larger and more noticible, and how to get another person's attention. Plus, there are the non-physical things I do, like sit and listen and remember key things.
2) I'm not happy with my weight, which I seem unable to change at this point in time. I'm woefully underweight and need to pack on some pounds. As for what I like, I'd say my eyes are the best unchangable things about me.
13. What do you think was the best, most helpful volunteer project you ever were a part of?
The Habitat for Humanity service project I did for my Life rank. It was fun, and we really did do a lot of good.
14. What is your biggest career goal? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Retain a job that keeps me in academics. I cannot leave the field. In 10 years, it would be nice to be teaching and writing.
15. Has your world view changed considerably in the last 10 years? What caused any changes to your views?
I'm not so worried about women. I think this has to do with the fact that I now recognise that within all women, there's something to love, and also that I don't really need to worry about seeking them out. I can live my life with the women I love being merely close friends, and I will be happy with that.