May 19th, 2006
|05:04 pm - Questions to ask and answer|
Taken from latexpussy's lj, here's a bit of a quiz:
Ask me one question for each topic (in depth or simple) and I will do the same for you.
11. Home town
12. Physical Appearance
13. Volunteer Work
14. Life Goals
15. The World
My answers to her questions can be found in this entry.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "Off to See the Lizard", -JB
1. Travel - Going to Greece? People seem interested to know :)
-I really really want to, I have to see how the next few months turn out for me, financially and how these test results start coming back. As a magic eight ball would say "All signs point to yes" but I do need quite a bit more information before I salt it down.
2. Religion - You seem to be searching. Where are you thinking of looking first?
-For some reason, in my heart, I don't know if anything would work for me besides Christianity, but an organized version has yet to strike me the right way. I'd like to find out a little bit about everything though. I figure whatever happens, it will take a long time, and I doubt it will ever mean the same for me that it does for you.
3. Family - Everyone thinks their family is weird. Tina and I used to hold discussions about whose was weirder. Do you think ours is? (I lost most of those discussions, hands down)
-I really don't think our family is weird, just not very close, at least the extended family. Uncle Ken's wedding was interesting though. We're all rather similar, we just handle things in several different ways. That sort of makes it interesting though.
4. Love - Did you ever go on a second date with that one girl you asked me about your senior year?
-Senior year in college? Well, I went on three dates with that one. She's living somewhere in the south teaching elementary school. She became engaged last fall. All the girls I seriously liked in college are engaged or married at this point.
5. Sex - Same question back at you: Sex before marriage: important or silly?
-I have no experience, I just try to figure what other peoples thoughts are on this. I don't think it's vital, but heck, how would I know.
6. Hobbies - I have no idea what you do in your spare time outside of study. Care to give me a hint?
-Right now nothing really. When I end up focusing on something like passing an exam like this, I try to eliminate as many time wasters as possible. It's still impossible to keep your mind in one place all the time though, and that's distracting enough.
7. Pets - Have any at the moment?
-No, while I love animals I don't think I'll have one until I get an excuse to have one. That may never happen. Maybe since the parents never let us have a dog or cat growing up, I just learned how to live without such things without a problem.
8. Friendship - You place a lot of value on this. Do you think you work too hard at it, or not hard enough?
-I haven't quite figured that out yet. I don't want a lot of friends. I'd really just like one or two, maybe three or four that I could be close with. Probably not many more than that, friends who I could really trust. Just so I could always have someone to talk to when I needed to and to not have to worry about what they're thinking. I don't think that's too much to ask of someone, I just don't think I've found it yet on a consistent basis with anyone.
9. Literature - I've always been an avid reader (mostly of fictional trash, mind), but you never struck me as that. Has that changed in the past couple years?
-Like with the hobbies, when I've been focused on something, I try to eliminate anything that could be a distraction. I remember really enjoying reading for classes, because it was something I had to do, and I almost always like what I end up reading. "World Lit only By Fire" was a favorite required read of mine too. I've read all 6 Harry Potter books. They don't last long though. Hopefully when I pass the tests I can find time to read stuff. I worry about having too many books and no place to put them though:-p I try to limit the amount of stuff I own. I think the vast majority of stuff I would end up choosing to read would be non-fiction.
10. Movies - What's the first movie you remember?
-The first movie I remember seeing in the Theatre I think was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" I remember "Ghostbusters 2" giving me nightmares in 1989, but I think Roger Rabbit was before that. I'm sure we saw stuff before that, but my memory really doesn't go before 1988 as far as any pop culture, current events things go.(I remember sledding in KC and some preschool, but nothing about the outside world in those years)
11. Home town - Where do you consider "home?"
-Right now, Seattle. Purdue is home to. I never really claimed Illinois, but sometimes I default to that after the few awkward moments when people ask "So where are you from" cause I don't really have anywhere else to link to. As far as I'm concerned Seattle is it for now. Kansas & Kansas City sort of feel like home since it was the only consistent location we seemed to go back to growing up.
12. Physical Appearance - As you mention, we look almost the same. What do you think it is that needs to be added onto appearance to get the women, and why haven't you gotten it down yet?
-I actually have never had any desire to do anything drastic for the sole purpose of "getting a woman". I dunno, peer pressue has always had almost zero effect on me. I'd prefer that a woman like me because of who I am and not just some pretty picture. That's a dream, but it's a pretty big belief I have. Ah well.
13. Volunteer Work - What sorts of things do you volunteer for? If nothing, have you thought about that? It's a great way to meet women. :)
-yeah, I'm going to look for ways to fill all my time up hopefully once I pass these tests.
14. Life Goals - Sometimes, I worry you work too hard to think about the future, but I know that's not true. What are a few goals?
-I dunno, I'm a lot happier if I feel like I have a direction I'm going in I think. There were several times in college where I had no idea what I wanted to do and it was really depressing. At least now, I feel like I'm going somewhere. Even if I'm not incredibly passionate about it, at least I'm not miserable all the time.
-I'm always willing to sacrifice to do fun things today, I have a lot of trouble saying no to people though because I really want friends. This creates distractions and then I don't get much done and I have to deal with the consequences.
15. The World-Could you believe it was flat?
Nope, I could never believe that. It's not flat, that's all there is to it:-)