July 11th, 2006
|08:48 am - A quick review of the last 168 hours or so.|
- Saw Pirates twice, despite not being so happy with it the first time.
- Received a picture from a very hot girl with "chronarchy" written across her chest (I think I finally made it big in the Internet world).
- Found and transcribed two commentaries on Lucan's Pharsalia.
- Found (but didn't transcribe yet) the Adnotationes super Lucanum.
- Began translations and putting said commentaries online as a public service (and because it's nice to have 'em handy).
- Had a conversation with Eris that hasn't been transcribed yet.
- Made a joke about cornering the market on paisley socks.
- Had my cell phone refuse to dial, drop connections, and generally act like a bitch about 30% of the time.
- Emailed an author about a corrected citation.
- Slept in a bed that was not my own (twice).
- Slept in my own bed (twice).
- Slept on various couches (every other night).
- Sang in the shower.
As an FYI, no the post yesterday wasn't directed specifically. I just. . . figured I needed to say something about my dropping off the face of the earth on occasion.
And my newest goal with LJ? Get all the information into all the fields on the update screen before the words "Autosaved draft" appear on the page. I almost had it this time.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "Happy Christmas (War is Over)", -JB
Yay for much mischief! :) Why see Pirates again? Because there's RUM in it, of course.
Totally! Doesn't everyone? They could make the world so much more tolerant!
Had my cell phone refuse to dial, drop connections, and generally act like a bitch about 30% of the time.
How'd you end up in MY world...? ;)
I was walking down the street, but I had the map upside down. Rather than end up where I was supposed to be, I took a wrong turn on Denmark Ave. and ended up in edelweiss68
world. Less impressive than Disney World in terms of shear cashflow, but more impressive in . . .other
*giggle* Mammarian ways? ;)
I wasn't so happy with Pirates, either. It was kind of like the film version of coitus interruptus - "Ah! Ah! Yes, a plot! OO! Uh - damn....".
It was more satisfying than the second Matrix movie.
But that isn't saying anything at all about the quality of that satisfaction.
It's the phone, not the service, in this case. I need to get it replaced. Makes things more amusing in that it's the only place I have certain numbers recorded. Time to fix that, obviously.
I'll ask her. :) We'll see what she says.
As for the question: Why, you should do that the first day of the preceeding quarter.
Um, that would be. . . . June 12, 2006 :)
Get thee to the Union!
I guess the name tattoo tops the Chronarchy.com thong... or does it?
It's a whole other category, babe. The thong, well, it's got a special place in my heart. You know, I've only sold one of those things.
But the pictures I got with it. . . Wow. Just. . . wow.