This has been one of the best days ever.
I'm still in my jammies and actually wore my glasses all day for the first time in perhaps two or three years.
This morning I started out by cleaning. Then I moved onto writing part of my book. Then I scanned in the book ceolnamara bought me in Paris last year ("Le Pilier Des Nautes Retrouvé: Histoire d'Une Métamorphose") so that I could possibly send it to a couple of people. My laundry room is getting a cleaning for the first time since I moved in, and my work bench is being completely reorganized and tools are migrating back to it. I put together a CD last night of songs that get me dancing. . . Here's the song list:
- Country Girl - Primal Scream
- White Collar Boy - Belle & Sebastian
- Bohemian Like Me - Dandy Warhols
- We Used to be Friends - Dandy Warhols
- California Uber Alles - Dead Kennedys
- Little Ghost - The White Stripes
- Denial Twist - The White Stripes
- Hey Jealousy - Gin Blossoms
- Clint Eastwood - The Gorillaz
- New Age Girl - Dead Eye Dick
- Timebomb - Rancid
- Can't Be Myself - Watershed
- Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
- Istanbul - They Might Be Giants
- The Night Chicago Died - Paper Lace
- Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
- Banditos - The Refreshments
- Code Monkey - Anyone know?
- Take the Skinheads Bowling - Camper Von Beethoven
- Pina Colada in a Pint Glass - Gaelic Storm
- 1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Richard Thompson
- Wasted and Ready - Ben Kweller
No one else was around. Tina was out with one of her friends (she did leave me some food, and I've had a little of it, but for the most part I've not eaten much). The people who demand most of my attention are all out of town. I can focus on what I want to focus on for a change.
I watched Spiderman 2, which I've had for two years (since the day the DVD came out, I think) but never watched. I had to fight a bit with the packaging.
I worked on writing courses for ADF, abandoned a project for ADF at the request of someone else, started putting together some clergy resources, and right now, I feel really good.
Today, I am thankful to be alone. If your Thanksgiving is half as cool as mine is, well, you're a lucky devil.
Hang on, Turning Around just came on. I'm off to dance!