October 16th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
11:06 am - Morning. . .
This morning I woke up. The house was cold because the furnace is refusing to fire, but that isn't a major worry. I'll have it fixed in the next two days.

There was a life in the cold house today. Cold mornings have always seemed more alive than warm ones to me. I breathed in the cold air, feeling life enter my lungs. I set my feet on the cold wood floor and pushed myself off the bed.

I shivered, going down the stairs and into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and stepped in. The warmth of the water flowed over me, relaxing my muscles. I stood still for a minute, just feeling the water hit me, thinking.

I shut off the water, and opened the curtain. I pulled my towel in with me, drying myself vigorously. I hung up the towel, and walked back upstairs to dress.

I dressed quietly, thinking about what I needed to do today.

I finished my morning chores, and turned on my car to let her warm up. I came back inside and went to my room. I lit the three candles on my altar, and stood before my Gods. I put my necklace on, and stood quietly for another moment. Then I dropped and gave my Gods 25.

The process of doing pushups during my morning and nightly devotionals helps me in numerous ways. First, there's the completely functional aspect: it keeps me doing pushups. Second, it becomes a form of sacrifice. Finally, it shows my willingness to better myself.

I'm a firm believer that exercise of some sort should be part of everyone's daily rituals. Not only would we have Pagans who would be good to look at when skyclad, but we'd also outlive all the other religions, which alone would be pretty cool.

I'm thinking about an altar to Heracles when I get a weights set.

When I finished my devotional, I went to work.
Current Mood: thoughtfulthoughtful
Current Music: "Nautical Wheelers", -JB

From:healing_coyote
Date:October 16th, 2003 05:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
hmm, that's a good idea! It would definitely keep me motivated to stay fit!

oh, and, yum- you walk around your house nekked??? *drool*

Ha ha ha- that's your ego boost for today!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 16th, 2003 05:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Occasionally, one must. After all, I can't keep my dresser in the bathroom, can I?

Thanks for the boost. I need it about now. . . :)
From:moonversion
Date:October 16th, 2003 06:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
If only everyone had the same feeling about health as you! Especially 'pagans', which is odd that there are so many unhealthy ones (I am referring to those who can help it and not those who cannot) and yet you never hear the end of being one with nature. Nature ain't fat. ;D

Some people look good with the added weight, most people don't; regardless it is just plain ole not good for you. I'm over weight right now because of my pregnancies (though most people would laugh at that... I should say I am over weight for what I normally weigh as I'm not really over weight... hehe). But I work out and I have been losing weight. I think it's great that you have it as part of your devotional! I do to, in a way. I do temple dancing. :)

Yeah for walking around the house nekkid! It's the only way to be.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 16th, 2003 09:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Another primary reason is that my personal Patron, Esus, seems connected with war.

If I can't do a measly 100 pushups per day, I don't think I'm worthy to come before Him and ask His help!

For the record, I only walk around naked long enough to put on some clothes :) With the furnace broke, it's a bit chilly to be lounging naked :)

But please don't let that stop assorted sordid fantasies.
From:(Anonymous)
Date:October 17th, 2003 01:00 am (UTC)

No furnace

(Link)
Yeah, without the furnace on, there could be 'shrinkage'. ;)

-j