Current Music: "Boomerang Love", -JB

From:bloodlikerain
Date:October 20th, 2003 01:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
"The Last Mango in Paris" sounds like a song that has promise
From:freyjasgydhia
Date:October 20th, 2003 01:51 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Having your skull worshipped... hrm.. rather a bit on the Celtic side isn't it ;-)

Honsetly I believe we should make use of cremation as an option because we are running out of space for the living as it is. Why dedicate more of it to the dead?

I like your ideas for your memorial service though.. Very cool!
[User Picture]
From:autumnfey
Date:October 20th, 2003 02:01 pm (UTC)

Funny you were thinking about this

(Link)
I actually had a very long conversation with my mother and a friend about death/funerals on Saturday. We were discussing how expensive it is (even for cremation). My mom liked the option of viewing the body in a family member's house and burying them in the back yard (her grandmother had this kind of funeral in KY 20 years ago). Personally, I was all for a homemade funeral pyre in the back yard with lots of singing and feasting and crying (sorry, but other peoples pain makes me feel better sometimes). The other cheap option is just to have Ed steal my body and put it through a wood chipper. I figure any fine they assess him (if they catch him) will be less than the cost of cremation or burial anyway.
From:moonversion
Date:October 20th, 2003 03:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Funerals should never be boring or sad. They should all involve attaching the dead person to a large poll and dancing them around the town square. ;D
[User Picture]