April 18th, 2007
|04:00 pm - A quick Greek recap|
My trip, I find, is best summed up by Lovecraft. I'm not sure that I can express why Lovecraft's words rang so true, but they did.
"Three times Randolph Carter dreamed of the marvelous city, and three times was he snatched away while still he paused on the high terrace above it."But this is just a fast entry, written at lunch, about the highpoints of my vacation in Greece.
Maybe I'll get around to explaining them all. But probably not.
- Saw zylch kidnapped by monks
- Peed on a sacred mountain
- Slept with zylch
- Helped write a song called "Pina Coladas and a Crucifix"
- Stood on the wall at Thermopylae
- Saw a ghost
- Finally understood infantry tactics in Greece
- Saw (but did not enter) the monestary of St. Barbara at Meteora
- Descended into the Underworld to visit the W.C.
- Offered to Hephestos on his very doorstep
- Learned that sparklie silver thongs should not be worn under see0through black tights
- Punted a hedgehog
- Was raised on the cool-o-meter
- Saw a tanker truck carrying something called "The Liquid Food Experience"
- Meditated beneath the Temple of Apollo Pythios
- Had a snowball fight on Mount Olympus
- Broke glass in a BP station in Athens
- Joined the illustrious Club of the Stinkweed
- Levitated in my sleep
- Saw a Centaur Crossing sign
- Saw a yeti!
- Watched the sun go down at Sunyo, at the foot of the Temple of Poseidon
- Got lost on Olympus
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: amused
Current Music: "Livingston's Gone to Texas", -JB
|Date:||April 18th, 2007 08:18 pm (UTC)|| |
I want to hear more about the ghost sighting :)
It sounds like it was a wonderful time!
You clearly have very fun vacations. Clearly I need to go on vacation with you sometime.
Reading #14 was nearly the liquid screen experience.
Now we know why so many men were beside the road peeing....
I have a photo of that truck...
That's a photo I'd like to see!
|Date:||April 18th, 2007 09:35 pm (UTC)|| |
in case you take requests
I wanna hear about 1, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21.... hmm, that's almost half of them. I'm so demanding.
"The Liquid Food Experience" sounds like a really bad 60's psychadelic rock band that didn't quite make it and ended up playing Homecoming concerts at the local community college.