May 18th, 2007
|09:03 am - Thinkin' about "stuff"|
- Asking people to think before they speak is apparently "asking people to pretend to be something they're not."
- I was never self-conscious of my finances until I got an email about how privileged I obviously am yesterday, and was, in fact, quite proud of how I've been handling them. I'm back to being proud, though.
- When I started a Grove, I didn't realize how much homework I would end up assigning myself. I just don't know enough right now to write this rite. And that's a lot of homophones.
- At some point, I would like to take a road trip to Springfield, IL. There's a mural on the wall of the Illinois Supreme Court that I want to see (you know, since Eris is on it . . . Well, Discord to be exact, but it's close enough for government work, and it is a government building). The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that I need to do this. Of course, I'll probably combine it with a very long overdue trip to Kansas to see the family, and maybe stop by the Protogroves in Urbana-Champaign and Kansas City for a rite or something. I hear there's also a Grove near East St. Louis now, too.
- My carport is clean, my back yard is shaping up, and the front yard is next to be tackled. And, it looks like I've kept my promise of clear skies tonight, at least so far.
- This morning, I remembered the feeling I used to have every day when I was in college, where your body feels healthy and ready to go, strong and awake. It's a wonderful feeling, and one that I sorely missed.
- Wellspring isn't exciting me at the moment, for various reasons. Part of this has to do with a feeling of "missing out" on last year's Wellspring and being "left behind", part is a feeling that I'm going to have people demand that I "explain myself" on things (though I don't believe that I've done anything wrong to deserve that), and part is just that I have the traditional Han Solo "bad feeling about this."
- I really, really miss some of my best friends.
- Today's Buffett Oracle:
203. What works for me might work for you.
Thanks, Jimmy. I have some ideas of how I want to spend an evening this weekend.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: "Buttermilk Grove", -JB
I miss you, too. I never get to spend enough time with you at festivals, and I haven't been reading friends pages, so I haven't been keeping up that way.
Will you be at Wellspring?
The subject of this post amuses me greatly, as "stuff" is a child-friendly/oblivious way that some refer to sex. As in "I NEED STUFF!" or "That was some good stuff." :)
Curiously, I've never heard that particular euphemism, obvious as it is. I should get out more.
Re: finances... you do the best you can; there's no need to explain yourself to anyone as you did, but then the person who took you to task online had no right to do so, either. People who don't see you, don't know you, and don't understand where you're coming from should probably sit on their hands, but they don't. *sigh* (BTW, IM or call me about this, k?)
You're a good man, Charlie Brown.
I'll drop you a line tonight :) I can't talk too long, because Maggie and I have some plans tonight, but I'd like to talk a bit. I'm not really worried on my own about the situation there: hell, I'm on my way up, not down, and I wasn't offended, just felt called to explain myself more thoroughly. Mostly, I just wanted to know the "hows" rather than do the "gimmegimmegimme" thing.
And thanks. Charlie and I have some commonalities.
We both, after all, like a little red-headed girl. . .
Break out the liquor and lock up the daughters!
Any chance you know how to put up a tent? My room-mate and I are going and unless we find a big strong man or at least someone who knows about tents, it's going to be amusement watching us put it all together. :D
Oh, he knows how to put up a tent pretty darn well. He's good at stuff like that.
|Date:||May 18th, 2007 02:05 pm (UTC)|| |
*sits down quietly next to you and keeps you company*
One of these days, we should sit quietly and keep each other company.
*makes note to do that*
Wow, you know you're a weird kid when you read "my carport is clean, my back yard is shaping up, and my front yard is next to be tackled..." and you get jealous because you don't have any of those things to slave away on. :P
If you lived closer I'd let you come help with mine! I'm always willing to share.
|Date:||May 18th, 2007 02:52 pm (UTC)|| |
I believe I've been to Springfield, IL, but not to the IL Supreme Court. Accidentally made a fool of myself at a Catholic Mass there though.
|Date:||May 18th, 2007 05:17 pm (UTC)|| |
Well, it's important that you managed it somewhere. A Catholic Mass is as good a place as any.
|Date:||May 18th, 2007 03:44 pm (UTC)|| |
E-mail me buddy :)
Same old Yahoo! addy? Since you moved I haven't heard much from ya. You should send me you address, too, as there are things I need to send you at some point.
1. No, it's just good manners and common courtesy.
2. Yay :-)
3. Funny how that works out (ok, maybe not so funny, honestly).
4. That sounds like a very cool road trip. I demand access to the Special Photos that are bound to end up in existence.
5. That is really awesome. Great job!
6. I love that feeling. Because of my allergies and the way I am allergic to my room at school, I rarely get that there. But, when I do, it's the best.
7. I had the option of staying in town long enough for Wellspring. But I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I wish I'd decided to stay longer, as I'm having fun, but this will work out for the best (and, hey, I have a sweet time at an open-mic planned with a friend of mine at school at the end of the month, so that will rock).
8. I feel that.
9. I <3 the Buffett Oracle. Mine for today is 201. Dance out to the stars. That shows me that stuff tonight will go well. And I need that. I had that idea already, but it's good to get reminders.
(and #2 was meant to read "yay, knowing that you're blessed is a good thing" but I got distracted - surprise surprise)
You're always welcome to my couch :)
Duly noted. I love couches: they're great for sleeping!
(and better: they're cheaper then motels. . . unless yours is a four-star couch)
I'm beginning to think that some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing (ok, so I'm not just beginning to think that way), but I thought it was nicely worded e-mail.
It has been one of my finer "WTF?" moments, I admit :)
There's been a lot of weird random let's-blow-shit-all-out-of-proportion stuff going on everywhere lately, it seems.
As for you being privileged, well, you have a steady job & a place to live, which puts you *way* up over me. That doesn't make you "privileged", it's just that I'm extremely *not* privileged at the moment. I can make Wellspring only if I make stuff to sell to folks. Are you privileged enough to get a nice bit of Druid jewelry? That's as much as I care about anyone else's finances. I don't understand where anyone gets off telling anyone else how to spend their money anyway.
Since you mentioned you haven't been reading your friends list, can I come camp by your 3 Cranes crew? I'd rather camp with folks I can hang out & have fun with than with a bunch of people who largely won't talk to me. And I missed Wellspring last year, too, so we can commiserate.
And my Buffett Oracle for today is:
226. Julius Caesar and the Roman Empire couldn't conquer the blue sky.
that you camp near us. There will be no argument. I demand satisfaction in this, smithing_chick
Oh, and I have a commission for you, if you're willing to do it.
Your pilgrimage to the mural reminds me. I need to make a pilgrimage to my Grandmother's grave. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, but thanks for the reminder. I think that pilgrimages are under-rated these days.
They are underrated. I've had some amazing experiences on pilgrimages. :) I recommend them to everyone.
hey, its been a while since I left you a comment on livejournal!
just wanted to drop in and see how everything is :)
It has! Things are good. Hope they're well with you, also!