May 18th, 2007
|09:03 am - Thinkin' about "stuff"|
- Asking people to think before they speak is apparently "asking people to pretend to be something they're not."
- I was never self-conscious of my finances until I got an email about how privileged I obviously am yesterday, and was, in fact, quite proud of how I've been handling them. I'm back to being proud, though.
- When I started a Grove, I didn't realize how much homework I would end up assigning myself. I just don't know enough right now to write this rite. And that's a lot of homophones.
- At some point, I would like to take a road trip to Springfield, IL. There's a mural on the wall of the Illinois Supreme Court that I want to see (you know, since Eris is on it . . . Well, Discord to be exact, but it's close enough for government work, and it is a government building). The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that I need to do this. Of course, I'll probably combine it with a very long overdue trip to Kansas to see the family, and maybe stop by the Protogroves in Urbana-Champaign and Kansas City for a rite or something. I hear there's also a Grove near East St. Louis now, too.
- My carport is clean, my back yard is shaping up, and the front yard is next to be tackled. And, it looks like I've kept my promise of clear skies tonight, at least so far.
- This morning, I remembered the feeling I used to have every day when I was in college, where your body feels healthy and ready to go, strong and awake. It's a wonderful feeling, and one that I sorely missed.
- Wellspring isn't exciting me at the moment, for various reasons. Part of this has to do with a feeling of "missing out" on last year's Wellspring and being "left behind", part is a feeling that I'm going to have people demand that I "explain myself" on things (though I don't believe that I've done anything wrong to deserve that), and part is just that I have the traditional Han Solo "bad feeling about this."
- I really, really miss some of my best friends.
- Today's Buffett Oracle:
203. What works for me might work for you.
Thanks, Jimmy. I have some ideas of how I want to spend an evening this weekend.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: "Buttermilk Grove", -JB
1. No, it's just good manners and common courtesy.
2. Yay :-)
3. Funny how that works out (ok, maybe not so funny, honestly).
4. That sounds like a very cool road trip. I demand access to the Special Photos that are bound to end up in existence.
5. That is really awesome. Great job!
6. I love that feeling. Because of my allergies and the way I am allergic to my room at school, I rarely get that there. But, when I do, it's the best.
7. I had the option of staying in town long enough for Wellspring. But I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I wish I'd decided to stay longer, as I'm having fun, but this will work out for the best (and, hey, I have a sweet time at an open-mic planned with a friend of mine at school at the end of the month, so that will rock).
8. I feel that.
9. I <3 the Buffett Oracle. Mine for today is 201. Dance out to the stars. That shows me that stuff tonight will go well. And I need that. I had that idea already, but it's good to get reminders.
(and #2 was meant to read "yay, knowing that you're blessed is a good thing" but I got distracted - surprise surprise)
The Buffett Oracle is always good for reminding folk that things will turn out alright. I'll miss ya at Wellspring, you know. ;)
Well, I'll miss you too. It just didn't seem prudent to stay an extra week when I was booking the tickets. That, and a whole host of other things.
By the way, though I imagine clarification is not necessary - when I read your number 2 above, I read something completely different than actually existed. This is what happens when I do things tired. Things get misconstrued. Or they blow up. One of the two, whichever is more interesting at the time.
FYI, though I'll miss ya, I'm pretty sure you made the right decision :)
More things should blow up :)
Well, considering that one of my reasons for wanting to stay longer was "Being Avoidant", I decided that was a ridiculous reason to stay here longer, and I should stop that sort of behavior.
And, yes, obviously, more things should blow up. Obviously.