May 18th, 2007
|09:03 am - Thinkin' about "stuff"|
- Asking people to think before they speak is apparently "asking people to pretend to be something they're not."
- I was never self-conscious of my finances until I got an email about how privileged I obviously am yesterday, and was, in fact, quite proud of how I've been handling them. I'm back to being proud, though.
- When I started a Grove, I didn't realize how much homework I would end up assigning myself. I just don't know enough right now to write this rite. And that's a lot of homophones.
- At some point, I would like to take a road trip to Springfield, IL. There's a mural on the wall of the Illinois Supreme Court that I want to see (you know, since Eris is on it . . . Well, Discord to be exact, but it's close enough for government work, and it is a government building). The more I think about it, the more obvious it is that I need to do this. Of course, I'll probably combine it with a very long overdue trip to Kansas to see the family, and maybe stop by the Protogroves in Urbana-Champaign and Kansas City for a rite or something. I hear there's also a Grove near East St. Louis now, too.
- My carport is clean, my back yard is shaping up, and the front yard is next to be tackled. And, it looks like I've kept my promise of clear skies tonight, at least so far.
- This morning, I remembered the feeling I used to have every day when I was in college, where your body feels healthy and ready to go, strong and awake. It's a wonderful feeling, and one that I sorely missed.
- Wellspring isn't exciting me at the moment, for various reasons. Part of this has to do with a feeling of "missing out" on last year's Wellspring and being "left behind", part is a feeling that I'm going to have people demand that I "explain myself" on things (though I don't believe that I've done anything wrong to deserve that), and part is just that I have the traditional Han Solo "bad feeling about this."
- I really, really miss some of my best friends.
- Today's Buffett Oracle:
203. What works for me might work for you.
Thanks, Jimmy. I have some ideas of how I want to spend an evening this weekend.
Current Location: Southeast of Disorder
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: "Buttermilk Grove", -JB
Your pilgrimage to the mural reminds me. I need to make a pilgrimage to my Grandmother's grave. It wasn't intentional, I'm sure, but thanks for the reminder. I think that pilgrimages are under-rated these days.
They are underrated. I've had some amazing experiences on pilgrimages. :) I recommend them to everyone.
I would like to write a book with you (chronarchy
) on the importance of pilgrimages in modern practices and why people should give more serious thought to them, if we can. I mean, besides all our peeing in places. Considering all the pilgrimages I do it seems normal to me to want to do this.
What do you think, interested?
Before, or after the Vedism book gets done?
It'll be a good motivator to be working on something I do not want to work on if I am also working on something I actually want to work on. I figure I can start in January after I have moved an unpacked all of my sources.
P.S. You are up late. :P