Chronarchy (chronarchy) wrote,

Taxing Churches?

As a church, our Grove is exempt from sales tax on most items purchased.

According to the Ohio Department of Taxation, the requisite exemption certificates "are prescribed by the Tax Commissioner and can be obtained from a local printer or office supply store."

The question, then, becomes thus:

How do you supply the vendor of exemption certificates with a sales tax exemption certificate if you have to buy them first?

Taxes rock!
Tags: adf, amusement, three cranes grove

  • A Yule Rite for (All) the Ages

    Last night's Yule rite was pretty awesome. Despite chasing kids around, running a lot of video cameras, and generally being exhausted at the end…

  • Speaking When Words Cannot Be Found

    A prayer for Orlando 6/12/2016 It is worth saying at the outset that truly, deeply, my heart goes out to those who have lost loved…

  • The Power of the Winds

    So, we had a couple of people in the shop, and a lovely young lady comes in. I saw her walking around the corner and looking up at the shop, and she…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.