Current Music: "Death Valley Lives", -JB

From:chronarchy
Date:October 22nd, 2003 12:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Fark is an. . . um. . . how does one explain fark?

Fark.com is something of an internet phenomenon. It is a dynamic and changing combination of news, weird stuff, boobies (for farkers), beer, and weiners (for the farkettes).

Usually, if you start at the bottom of the page and click on the links that interest you, by the time you get to the top, you can hit the reload button and get a whole new set of awesome links. When you get to the top of those, you can reload the page again, and you'll probably get a whole new set of links.

One of the most important things is, if you like to get your news before anyone else, this is the site to do that at. Fark is also the only news site I know of that didn't go down (or "get farked") on Sept. 11, and thus is really the only one I trust anymore. They also rarely get pulled in by hoaxes, though it does happen.

It's also a community, if you choose to participate (I rarely do). People make friends over Fark, and that's where the Fark Parties came about. It's a chance for Farkers and Farkettes to meet each other in person.

Fark is cool. Give it a shot, and you'll waste an entire day reading amusing and strange stories.
[User Picture]
From:bean_drui
Date:October 22nd, 2003 04:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
that FARK website is blacklisted by the university......

so i can't visit it. funny.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 22nd, 2003 04:43 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That is truely a shame.

Petition them to allow it. :)

It's not even porn. Well, not really. Well, there is some, but it's not on Fark.com itself! :)