Current Music: "Peanut Butter Conspiracy", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:October 23rd, 2003 08:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Someone may wish to speak with these people then, about using copyrighted material without permission and claiming it as their own.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 23rd, 2003 08:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
They have a (sort of) disclaimer on the rituals page:

"Most Rituals are based from ADF"

Of course, their rituals seem to be a total rip-off, rather than a "based off" situation. I think I'll have to investigate further.

I just got on their mailing list :) They want me to introduce myself.
From:moonversion
Date:October 23rd, 2003 08:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That's a preety cheezy disclaimer, if it's anything. It doesn't cover their behinds. The only thing I do not get is that I do not believe there would have been a problem if they asked permission (it gets the word out about ADF and mor epeople interested in it). Copyright material like that should say "used with permission". Otherwise, as you said, it's just a rip-off.

Have fun, but be careful of the drama. :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 23rd, 2003 09:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Have fun, but be careful of the drama.

Thanks. I'm a bit concerned about the politics of "spying" on another group, but I really am curious. And if they're harmless (and I really want them to be), then everything should be cool.

*crosses fingers*

We'll see.
[User Picture]
From:fionnghal
Date:October 23rd, 2003 09:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hey, the did post this on a web page so they should know better if they are afraid of someone seeing their stuff online.
[User Picture]
From:fionnghal
Date:October 23rd, 2003 09:16 pm (UTC)

Forgery is the most sincere form of Flattery

(Link)
hahahah..

I think if you contact these people, they may just freak out if you mention you are with ADF. I could be wrong... they may ask you for guidance and help. Who knows?
[User Picture]
From:kallisti
Date:October 23rd, 2003 11:42 pm (UTC)

I've looked...

(Link)
It *is* ADF's Ritual format, but we haven't patented or copywriten the format, only specific wordings. I don't think it is enough to bring it up on the Mother Grove, but I will bring it up on the ADF-Religion list. Other Groups, like the Wiccan Church of Canada is also borrowing stuff from ADF.

ttyl
From:healing_coyote
Date:October 24th, 2003 04:13 am (UTC)
(Link)
Hmm, how interesting. As I read there website, I realize just how lucky I was to join PSA and become friends with you and everyone else- I read stuff like this and I can see the akwardness/fluffiness/etc. I am wondering if I would have known as much now if I had just started doing stuff on my own...

I hope that they are just a regular group and they aren't out to start any trouble; I do like the name (yuo know me and dragons!).

I miss talking/emailing/LJ commenting/IMing you; are you just busy or keeping a low profile? Or have I offended you with my previous LJ comments? (*grins* didn't mean to if I did!)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:October 24th, 2003 12:57 pm (UTC)

(Link)
Worry not, healing_coyote, PSA will protect you :)

*grins* we were all fluffy once upon a time. Become one with your fluffiness. . .

I doubt we have to worry about them. I really do need to talk to them, though.

I'm not really more busy (actually stuff is calming down, aside from a panic attack that went through the department last night), but Trillian has been acting up recently, though I'm often online.

Been meaning to call you, but I haven't had the chance yet.

And no, you didn't offend me. I like to think that I'm impervious to offense. Usually. :)

vampyrecandy gave me the CD with pictures on it from Ireland, though, and I realized just how much I miss you.

Maybe I'll call tonight?
From:vampyrecandy
Date:October 24th, 2003 11:54 am (UTC)
(Link)
Seems like a hybrid ADF-Wicca thing, but heavy on the ADF.