?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Chronarchy

> Recent Entries
> Archive
> Friends
> Profile
> Chronarchy.com

Links
Ár nDraíocht Féin
Three Cranes
MySpace
Chaos Matrix
OSU PSA

November 4th, 2003


Previous Entry Share Next Entry
08:35 am - Vote, you commie bastards!
Ladies and Gentlemen, get off your ass and vote.

Voter projection this November 4 is the lowest in history. That sucks.

Prove them wrong.

If anyone *ever* complains about the government, I ask if they voted. If they don't, then I don't believe they have a voice to gripe with.

You can bitch all you want, even if (and especially if) you voted for the person you're bitching about.

Your vote matters. If you don't think it does, look at Florida. Hell, look at Ohio, where Bush could very well have lost had people actually voted.

If you required an absentee ballot and didn't vote in time, shame on you too, because there is really nothing easier than an absentee ballot.

Oh, and if you don't know the issues, try the Columbus Dispatch.

Let me know if you voted. It's a right and an honour. If you didn't vote, feel free to remain silent, because no one can hear you anyway.
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: "Trouble on the Horizon", -JB

(9 comments Leave a comment)

Comments:


[User Picture]
From:bean_drui
Date:November 4th, 2003 04:28 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I would consider voting absentee but I'm not even registered to vote...and I don't even know what state I officially live in either.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 4th, 2003 04:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, you can register just about anywhere. I registered here in Ohio without a permanent address. The thing is, you can't register in two places at once (because that would allow you to vote more than once, and you can't do that unless you're dead, in Chicago, and voting democratic).

Of course, you're in a somewhat odd prediciment (being out of the country and all). I did some searching, and I found this:

http://www.fec.gov/votregis/vr.htm

You might also check out the following:

FEC FAQ on voting

FEC info on voting

I realize some links are broken, but what do you really want from people who get paid less than I do :)

Good luck with it. Bet you can register wherever your parents live. (Put their address down as your "permanent" address.)

It'll certain that your vote will count next year, in the federal election. At least register for that.
[User Picture]
From:bean_drui
Date:November 5th, 2003 12:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
well i can either register in oregon or mississippi... two practically polar opposites. if i'm voting assuredly democratic, which would you say i should vote in? mississippi my vote would be more minority, but it might be so much that it wouldn't matter...and oregon would be majority, but might be so much that it wouldn't matter either.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 5th, 2003 01:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, helping out the minority is, in my humble (if perhaps misguided) opinion the best thing to do. Majority may rule this country, but it is minority rights that drive it. Just because the majority wants something doesn't mean they can have it.

And the more minority voices are heard, the more their issues are addressed by the majority.

Why does the Green Party keep failing? Because they change the issues enough to force candidates to adress them. As a political party, they're useless, but as a political entity, they're extremely useful.

Of course, it's always fun to win every time, too :)

And I'm of the firm opinion that votes always matter, whether they're the majority or the minority. *winks*

> Go to Top
LiveJournal.com