The Discordian and the Two Wiccans - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

November 4th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
10:48 am - The Discordian and the Two Wiccans
One of my favourite stories:

===

Once there were 3 pagans who had gathered together to do invocations. The first two were Wiccan, while the third was a Discordian. They planned to take turns performing invocations, each according to their own traditions.

The first Wiccan did an invocation and began to tremble. Then he spoke in a strange voice, "I am the hunter and the hunted. I am light and darkness. I am birth and death." Then he collapsed to the floor. A few moments later, he regained consciousness. The first and second Wiccan were impressed that they had received Ancient Wisdom(TM).

The second Wiccan did an invocation and began to tremble. Then he spoke in a strange voice, "I am the hunter and the hunted. I am light and darkness. I am birth and death." Then he collapsed to the floor. A few moments later, he regained consciousness. The first and second Wiccan were impressed that they had received Ancient Wisdom(TM).

The Discordian said that she might try to invoke her deity if her deity felt like it. But she did not tremble. She did not speak in a strange voice. She did not even collapse. Instead, she just laughed and laughed in her own voice. The two Wiccans glared at her. "You lack the solemnity needed to do proper invocations," one of them told her. But Eris, who had filled the Discordian, just laughed and threw pop tarts at them and danced out of the room and giggled, "You can't tell a goddess how to behave."

At this, neither of the two Wiccans were enlightened. Possibly because neither one of them liked pop-tarts.

===

And people wondered why I gave Pop Tarts at my Dedicant Oath. . .
Current Mood: apatheticapathetic
Current Music: "A Pirate Looks at Forty", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:November 4th, 2003 03:56 pm (UTC)

Pop Tarts for all!!!

(Link)
But are they frosted?

Hehehe! I remember when my wedding right made the rounds at a Wellspring. I got very pissed off because people were making fun of the offerings I chose instead of asking me why I chose them (stupid heads). Not only did we give our vows made up entirely from quotes from the Simpsons (and this is during a very serious Vedic ceremony LOL) but I also gave offerings of gummis because that is what I call my Husband. :D
[User Picture]
From:anivair
Date:November 4th, 2003 06:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Very nice. I'm pleased with that story. I suspect I shall pass it on sometime.

later,
~joe