Current Music: "I Can't Be Your Hero Today", -JB

From:deedeehopskotch
Date:November 14th, 2003 07:33 pm (UTC)

added you to my list

(Link)
888:^)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 14th, 2003 08:04 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Added you right back :)
From:moonversion
Date:November 14th, 2003 07:40 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I once told a group of people that I wished Starhawk would just go away. They then proceed to tell me, "How dare you wish death on someone! I wish you'd just go away!" They were mostly Wiccans, I don't know if that figures into the equation of insanity....

Sigh.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 14th, 2003 08:05 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I always point to that quote above. When I read it, it made me sick.

I wonder what she's like in person, though?
From:moonversion
Date:November 14th, 2003 08:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I wonder what she's like in person, though?

I dunno... because you have to wonder if she takes herself and her theories seriously. If she really does, I'd wager she's insane to be around.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 14th, 2003 09:19 pm (UTC)
(Link)
btw, I really like the animation on the icon :)
[User Picture]
From:rhiannon76
Date:November 14th, 2003 07:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
some of that article just confuses me... like the phrase "sandal-clad paganists." what's a paganist? do you have to pay dues to be one? do you get a special decoder ring and learn a secret handshake?

i'm kind of "eh" about starhawk. i liked her better in my pre-druid days. on the one hand, that pagan-bashing quote really lowers my opinion of her; but on the other hand, i think she's not [that] bad in terms of representing wicca and/or paganism to the judeo-christian mainstream. *shrug*
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 14th, 2003 08:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Just to make sure people don't believe I took that quote out of context or something, I direct everyone to the actual interview:

http://chronarchy.com/misc/starhawkwp.html

I'm sooooo starting a cult that requires decoder rings. . .
[User Picture]
From:rhiannon76
Date:November 14th, 2003 09:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
oh, i've read the article, i know you weren't taking it out of context.

will your cult be sandal-clad? if so, can they be decoder toe rings?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 14th, 2003 09:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Isn't that what all the fashionable cultists are wearing now?

Of course they'll be decoder toe rings! I don't run any second-rate cults.

And as for sandals, they'll be the only clothing allowed. . .
From:chronarchy
Date:November 25th, 2003 04:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Quite alright. I have a good feeling that the reaction I had to reading it is about exactly what your reaction to it was :)

I try to mention that interview occasionally. I don't really feel like she should get away with that. . .

And that article goes up and down every month. I was pretty lucky to find it again in a Google cache. :) I'd hate for such a "treasure" to be lost in cyberspace forever. *sardonic grin*
From:freyjasgydhia
Date:November 14th, 2003 09:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Do we have to wear the sandals??