Something for me. - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

November 19th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:16 am - Something for me.
Last night, I took some time for me. It's amazing how rare that is. It was only an hour and a half, but I feel a lot better.

I left work at 5 sharp. I beat the rush hour traffic and was at Best Buy by 5:30.

I bought the new boxed set of The Two Towers, bought Sinbad (I still think that movie should have been named "Eris" instead), the two new Buffett albums, and Jimmy's new DVD.

I tested out the CD player in my car, and it works like a champ. It's nice to hear some new songs, and they're live, which is the best way to hear any Buffett song. I also learned how to set the clock in my car, which was not at all intuitive, but wasn't hard once I read the book.

I went home and fed the boys. I spent some time with Raven, relaxing. I popped the Buffett DVD into my player, and watched Alan Jackson and Jimmy singing "Five o'Clock Somewhere", which is just a superior song. I flipped through the rest of the DVD, and then went to pick up Brian for PSA. In all, it was a good hour and a half.

Yeah, maybe I'm a Buffett nut. Maybe I go overboard. Perhaps I spend my money way too freely.

You know what, though? It's freaking worth it.

I need to buy myself a good suit of clothes.

Last night I went to PSA and relaxed. I wanted to do more for myself (like tell Lu he was full of it) and get more involved, but I chose not to. PSA isn't mine, and I try my hardest not to delude myself into thinking it is. But gods, Eris was itching to get out and take some cheap shots at Lu.

When I got into work this morning, I did something for Tina. Tina and I are going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra on Wed., Nov. 26. $50 per ticket. But it's all for Tina. I'm giving up a lot to go to that concert. Not just the money.

I finished an email to Cei this morning. I talked with a GO about her Grove. I'll answer some questions on ADF-Dedicants today, probably. If not that list, then certainly another. And I have to finish updating the Grove website, because it's seriously out of date.

I have no idea if I'll have a date with my girlfriend tonight or not. She might be too tired.

Tomorrow, I take a cat to the vet who isn't even mine. I'll probably end up paying for her shots and spay because I don't think the owner really cares too much now that I've started doing this shit, though that doesn't mean that the cat should suffer. We keep her in the house because she has no where to go yet, though I do have someone who can take care of her when he buys his house, and is desperately in love with her.

Now, here's the weird thing. I don't mind. Not really. I think what I'm rambling about here is that I know I should mind, that I really ought to care. But I don't. I love working towards ADF's vision. I'm proud of all I've done for that cat. I would do anything for my girlfriend (I think about things I could do weeks in advance).

Maybe I'm too laid back. But while I love these little spurts of "me time", I don't want them to be habit. As much as I hate to admit it, I really, really like other people.
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: "Morris' Nightmare / Miss You So Badly", -JB

From:bloodlikerain
Date:November 19th, 2003 03:40 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I think it's awsome that oyu're taking care of that cat. proper care of cats is far to often neglected.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:November 19th, 2003 03:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I just wish she wasn't such a spoiled brat. I'll bet money she's never heard the word "No" in her life.

But she is absolutely adorable. And she has a collar and tags now.
[User Picture]
From:deedeehopskotch
Date:November 19th, 2003 04:52 pm (UTC)

um