August 5th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
08:15 am - And now for something of substance!
Okay, so that's two entries that are pretty worthless, but I was very amused that I'm supposed to be in the Power Rangers' Movie.

Anyway, I was thinking this morning (and I'll admit that there was some inspiration to me thinking about this):

"Sometimes I think that the Lord God Almighty put joggers into this world for the sole purpose of my personal enjoyment."

Then I got to thinking that if this is true, then Satan must have put those old guy joggers who run in short shorts and no shirt into this world as my personal torture. It's a good thing I don't believe in either of them.

The Protogrove is about to become a real Grove. Todd mentioned that he was "looking forward" to presenting our application to the Grove Organizing Committee.

Because of this, I'm hoping that the other two officers get their copies of the Provisional Charter Request notorized for me, 'cuz we're stuck in PG status until they do. *hint**hint* to those reading.

I'm re-organizing the Grove's calendar site, too. I'm very proud of it, so please check it out if you can:

http://www.threecranes.org/

Click on the "calendar and ritual schedule" link at the top or bottom (because I'm reorganizing it, I can't give a direct link until I get it figured out).

There's a pretty complete listing of festivals that are either really close to Columbus, or that are just too big not to mention. And, of course, all the ADF festivals are listed. So far as I know, there's not another calendar quite like it out there.

We have another student here to work with us, finally. That was a hellish couple of weeks without any students, but we're doin' just fine (don't you dare feel guilty, Monika, 'cuz I'd rather be in Ireland, too).

I missed the Irish Festival last weekend (no big loss to me because Gaelic Storm wasn't playing, and there're a lot of wannabe Irish there), but I did get two new lights put up in my house. I can now grill at night!

And I finally got a freaking haircut. I feel about 10 pounds lighter.

I'm looking into building a small altar in my backyard, along with a well and a Bile. I have a 7' by 8' space to use, and I'm already envisioning some really, really nice things with it. Unfortunately, my backyard isn't big enough (or private enough) to hold Grove rituals in as it stands. Maybe one day.

Well, it's time to start looking forward to the next ritual, and getting ready for it. This one will be the anniversary of our first ritual, so it would be nice to have Grove status by then.

I think I'll go check out the "menu" at Kahoots.

"A Discordian is anyone willing to look at the windmills and concede that they might be giants."
-Holy Temple of the Sts. John
Current Mood: quixoticquixotic
Current Music: "Peanut Butter Conspiracy", - JB

From:vampyrecandy
Date:August 5th, 2003 02:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ah, the wannabe Irish...

Yes.

And, you might want to add "fat old men in speedos" to your 'provided by Satan' list.

*shudder*
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:August 5th, 2003 02:23 pm (UTC)

speedos

(Link)
Years in the locker room at Larkins Hall have made me able to simply not look at things I don't want to see. From the "assman" taking a shower to Jesus naked, I've seen some really odd things there. The rule is simply to never look below the shoulders and you'll live longer. And you'll be sane, to boot.

The problem with the joggers is that they run down the street, their sagging, boneless flesh rippling with every step, flab flying from odd, unknown places. Each love handle is so remarkably undefined that you're not entirely sure it doesn't have it's own brain, and the skin hangs over their elastic running shorts like a white flag in France, flapping in the breeze and screaming for release. For Gods' sake, put a freaking shirt on! It's a train wreck: you can't look away, because it's so disgusting it's fascinating.

But I'm sure some of you are eating lunch. Accept my appologies :)