Chronarchy (chronarchy) wrote,

  • Mood:
  • Music:

What the hell was wrong this morning?

I woke up late this morning, about 7:00 AM with Magellan digging under the covers saying, "Daddy, it's breakfast time!" Alexander was talking up a storm, certainly also discussing the state of his tummy.

Well, I decided I didn't want to roll out today. I checked the clock, looked at the kids, and turned over. I flipped the radio on and just kind of drifted. Well, I drifted as much as a person can when there's one boy pawing at you and another whose stomach is telling him to yell.

I eventually sat up and turned on a light. Magellan had some gunk in his eye, so I cleaned that out. By now it was 7:10. I fed the boys quickly (much to their enjoyment) and went to shower.

I took my time getting clean, because my shower is one thing I don't allow to be rushed. The hot water is always soothing and warming, and it forms a barrier against the world. I was listening to some Watershed on the radio, one of my favourite songs (Can't Be Myself), and just zoning out.

I shut off the water when the DJ's started talking, and dried off. I hung up my towel and went to the utility room, pulling on some clothes that had finished drying at some point last night.

It was about 7:30 AM at this point. I went upstairs and scooped litter boxes. I turned off the radio in my room Tina poked her head into my room just as I started my morning ritual, and talked to me all the way through it, forcing me to work a more abbreviated version than I like to and reinforcing my idea that I really need a space that she won't come to in the mornings and at night.

I was in the car at 7:35. From there, it was like some bad video game.

On my way, I got stuck beind busses; had a woman with a baby carriage run out in front of me; had 9 or 10 people randomly drift into my lane and then back out; and then, as the coup d'etat, I had to navigate through this weird, shifting group of forklifts and large machinery that was driving back and forth across the street for no apparent reason. It was absolutely surreal.

I pulled into the garage at 7:58. Somehow, I managed to still be in my office by 8 AM.
Tags: amusement, work

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.