Current Music: "Coconut Telegraph", -JB

From:freyjasgydhia
Date:December 5th, 2003 02:47 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Unless you have a subscription you can't get to the article...
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 5th, 2003 02:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Damn. I'm trying to fix it. :)
From:freyjasgydhia
Date:December 5th, 2003 03:07 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thanks, it will be worth the wait I'm sure.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 5th, 2003 03:26 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hehe. Fixed. See next entry. No pics, but it's all there :)
From:freyjasgydhia
Date:December 5th, 2003 04:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Great!!!
[User Picture]
From:hearthstone
Date:December 5th, 2003 04:05 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Very cool!

(Btw, I think sensuality would make an excellent virtue. :))
From:moonversion
Date:December 5th, 2003 04:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Haha, looks like paganism is coming to it's own, as that photograph looks very much like a road side revival. ;)

Interesting article (I read your next post, but only your section). I believe, that although it is not accurate now, sensuality used to be one of the virtues.... I know I recall something about it on the web site (members only) and I cannot recall of when I first saw the DP in 1997 if it was there or not... too long ago. :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 5th, 2003 04:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That ritual was, honestly, my first Wiccan ritual ever. They asked, "Who has never been to a Wiccan ritual before?"

Everyone laughed when I raised my hand. I think they expected me (the only one dressed in any sort of ritual clothing) to know what I was doing in a Wiccan ritual. But, since I didn't start out Wiccan, and I've only known Wiccans who either didn't invite me to rituals or who didn't do Wiccan rituals (but rather eclectic ones) or who scheduled them when I couldn't come, I'd just never managed to get to one.

I have to say, after years of thinking that the Great Rite would probably be impressive thing while actually in the ritual, I was sorely disappointed. It was pretty anti-climatic.

Whadda ya know: you're absolutely right about the virtues being on the site. Shawn Miller and Pooka both did those 9 as their virtues.

That was certainly before I started with ADF :)
From:moonversion
Date:December 5th, 2003 04:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I have never attended a Wiccan ritual, either (well, now you have eh?). Nor have I ever attended a church "ritual". Fun stuff.

While I don't mesh with ADF ritual, I can see how the Great Rite would be very anti-climatic. I bet it wasn't when Gardner did it. ;D
From:chronarchy
Date:December 5th, 2003 06:35 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Same experience. Chalice and sword thing, though. Not an actual consumation by the God and Goddess.

I'd have clawed my eyes out if I'd seen those two do that. . .
From:chronarchy
Date:December 5th, 2003 07:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Maybe I'm wrong. . . But I thought they called it the "Great Rite".