Current Music: "Great Heart", -JB

From:vampyrecandy
Date:December 12th, 2003 09:45 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm gonna post my story on my journal now. Let me know what you think.
[User Picture]
From:autumnfey
Date:December 12th, 2003 08:55 pm (UTC)

You asked for it!

(Link)
I posted to my LJ as well, given the length of the story (and its not recommendended for children nature). Enjoy!
[User Picture]
From:bean_drui
Date:December 13th, 2003 03:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
There once was a girl from Nantucket....

Oh wait, I've already told that one this week.

Okay....

YORKSHIRE
DEC 13, 2003
Archaeologists this week have unearthed what they think maybe a goddess of Cabbage. According to David Eddings, head archaeologist, a statue was found just east of the A 12 roadway in Yorkshire. The statue depicts a woman of Roman style and dress, with a cabbage in place of a torso. Found nearby the statue were the remains of approximately 27 cow and pig bones, as well as fragments of Roman pottery.
The site was found when farmer and hick by occupation, Willamina Henderson, was digging for oil in random places. The native Yorkshire resident was surprised when her shovel struck not oil, but statue leg. Not knowing the significance of the statue, but not being stupid enough to ignore it completely, she reported it to the proper authorities.
Researchers date the statue to approximately 200-500 CE, using carbon dating. It appears that the Roman pottery found are of the type typically found used by the Native British after trading with Romans. The statue, while of Roman style, is of a Goddess not known in the Roman pantheon. Researchers have named her "Cabbagina".
[User Picture]