Ah, the joys of owning a house. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

December 15th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
10:16 am - Ah, the joys of owning a house. . .
I have a sexy girlfriend.

On a side note, this is kind of how my weekend went:

I decided at about 1 PM to start ripping down the wallpaper in my bedroom. It was very much like being an archeologist. I got out my fedora and went to work.

I did the entire north wall before Tina got home 10 minutes later.

Understand, the master bedroom was covered in pink floral wallpaper, and has a pink-painted ceiling. Underneath, on three walls is a dark pink/peach concoction of evil. On wall 4 (the east wall), there was no paint, so I was exposing drywall.

I called up Brian to see what he was up to. I knew he'd be kind of unbusy, so I offered him beer to come help me strip wallpaper. I went over to pick him up about an hour later.

Tina was seriously baking this weekend. She started at about 1 PM on Saturday, and ended at about 8:30 on Sunday. 16 hours of total baking, 10 kinds of cookies. (See, hearthstone, you weren't the only one going crazy with the oven.) She probably made at least 250 cookies. Maybe 300.

Well, during all that baking, Brian and I were struggling through the room, trying to dig up all the wallpaper. We uncovered pock marks in the walls, holes as big as my fist that were poorly spackled, and hundreds of cat toys that were chased under various pieces of furniture, including three green sparkle balls (Magellan's favourite).

At one point, I was walking across the floor and stepped on something that poked a small hole in my big toe. Brian's comments on that summed up my entire weekend:

"What, you're not wearing shoes? Do I have to go over basic safety rules with you again? Any time you're doing anything remotely manly, like stripping pink flowered wallpaper off the walls to reveal a pink paint job, you must wear shoes!"

I have exactly 400 square feet to paint on the walls, and about 150 square feet on the ceiling. I have big plans. Very big plans. I got some paint samples at Lowes yesterday. And I found some beautiful molding for the room. I'm thinking green, with wainscotting all around. That's next weekend's project. My dad is sending me an automatic painter thingie in the mail, and I hope to get it this week.
Current Mood: calmcalm
Current Music: "Jolly Mon Sing", -JB