Tags: , ,

From:moonversion
Date:December 17th, 2003 08:38 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Just a heads up on the GOH, the whole bit about Vedics being able to wear swastikas on their robes during rituals should not be there. There is no proof that the swastika is Vedic; at least none that I have found. It is a symbol of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism), but not Vedism.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 17th, 2003 08:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
That's actually in the ADF Membership guide. I have no idea who I have to talk to about getting that removed, but I'll see what I can do.

I'll also run a check on the New GOH, just to be sure. But I think the only mention of it right now is a quote from the ADF Membership Guide.

So if we get the Membership Guide changed (somehow) then we can get the GOH changed.
From:moonversion
Date:December 17th, 2003 08:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hehe, yeah. That too! :)

I have an entire list of corrections that have to be made to the ADF web site in regards to the Eastern IEs (it's pretty sad stuff). Hubby is sitting on it until the "kin" is officially passed.

I wish that it was easier to submit corrections for the published material (GOH, Membership Guide....).
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 17th, 2003 09:00 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I just sent a message to Skip asking about the procedure for corrections to the Membership Guide. The elimination of one sentence might not be difficult, though we might have to formally ask Isaac, since he wrote it.

Heh. When you get the Kin passed, start submitting stuff to be changed :)
[User Picture]