How do I see you? Look in the mirror of my mind's eye. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

December 22nd, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
04:29 pm - How do I see you? Look in the mirror of my mind's eye. . .
On my way out to the ritual Friday night, I started thinking about how I envisioned people on my LJ looking when they typed an LJ entry. I have no idea if this is true, nor do I think how I see you in my mind's eye necessarily reflects how I think of you in reality. But it was a fun exercise. So, no offense meant, but I hope you enjoy it:

anivair - I see him stopping in for a quick lunch or something and typing something quickly for his LJ.
athanasios - For some reason, I see athanasios hunched over his keyboard, eyes squinting in a dark room, searching for something - anything - in a message that he can comment on. Maybe by the light of a lone candle.
autumnfey - I see her sitting at a computer, looking out over a series of hills and valleys, no other houses or roads anywhere in that window. I think this primarily comes from my perception of Vermont.
bean_drui - Wearing a long t-shirt and underwear, typing on her computer in a small room.
beautycorrosion - Generally, I think of beautycorrosion as typing while naked, except for a pair of pink bunny slippers. Does it help if I swear up and down that I do not have a bunny or foot fetish?
borabora385 - Wearing black, typing in a dorm room.
danicia - Not enough info yet, and not really a face to put with the name.
deedeehopskotch - Wearing a specific shirt . . . The scary thing is I can visualize the shirt (I saw her wear it many times), but I can't possibly describe it. Not even a little. Recently, I've come to visualize her with a headset, a voodoo doll, and dancing around an empty office.
drakhuss - Not enough info yet. I get the impression of someone young.
fionnghal - I get mixed images. Most of them involve a telescope and a digital camera. Usually, I see fionnghal typing occasionally, and spending the rest of the time looking up at stars outside a window.
freyjasgydhia - Sitting at home, watching a kid or three. A stick of incense burns next to her, and an altar to her left.
ravenlaughing - Sitting in a small room, well lit. Probably trying to keep her cats off the monitor.
hearthstone - I tend to think of hearthstone as bundled up. I think this has to do with location. Maybe a blanket and heavy socks.
hekatatia - Sitting in a white-walled room, doing some techie stuff and some ADF business, taking breaks to check LJ.
jadewaterflame - Sitting in a small apartment, cagarette burning down next to her, typing away. Perhaps occasionally looking at porn.
kallisti - Doing way too many things at once.
ocean_star - Sitting in a quiet corner of the house, working on something like knitting or sewing. Setting that aside to write an entry.
invicti_solis - Usually, I envision invicti_solis being too busy to update. I'm just not sure what he's so busy doing. . .
mlleelizabeth - fantasizing about Clex adventures surreptitiously while pretending to work. Updating on LJ even though she's not supposed to, and occasionally requiring a fast switch from LJ to work.
mmefrufru - Generally, I see her gazing off into space and daydreaming about some hot guy, and then snapping out of it long enough to write something extremely amusing, yet insightful in her LJ.
perlgirlju - Sitting in a pod in her office, updating her LJ when the time allows. T-shirt and jeans. Is there anything else?
qorinda - Hanging out in an adobe house (cuz they're all adobe in that neck of the US, right?) a cool drink in one hand, typing with the other.
healing_coyote - I tend to think of healing_coyote as naked, hanging out in her room and studying for a class and typing an LJ entry. Perhaps also composing an email that she decided not to send. Yes, I know that it would be terribly impractical.
ray716 - I see him hanging out with a bunch of Runes spread all across his desk, trying to interpret them so his LJ entries make sense.
rhiannon76 - I imagine a few rocks around rhiannon76's computer. Updates come when time is alotted, which is rare.
roc441 - Sitting in a dark-ish room, the glow of the computer illuminating all. Typing, mood swinging occasionally.
rubydolphin - Usually laughing, but certainly not always. Sometimes at a private joke that I really don't get. Mostly, updating from home, and I imagine "home" has wood paneling.
sarahdipity418 - I see her in a t-shirt and jeans, or else a pair of overalls (hey, I think overalls are sexy, when applied correctly). I think the overalls come from the whole Iowa thing.
smithing_chick - Dressed all in black, with a definite lack of sleep in her eyes, set off quite nicely by that sparkle they have.
sparkliedragon - Not enough info yet. Youth is the primary thought.
styskel - I see styskel as spaced out in front of his computer, posting when he suddenly realizes that if he doesn't move, the spiders will finally make enough webbing that he won't be able to move.
suicidektn - Chatting, writing, listening to music, LJing, and generally feeding her 'net addiction. All at once.
tosk - Thinking up something new and interesting to say. Generally something that doesn't make sense. When it hits, he types it out as quickly as a duck on a unicycle.
triadruid - I envision a KC Chiefs banner and an old 1985 Royals World Series pennet over triadruid's computer, but don't really think he's interested in sports. Not that anyone could be in KC. Just like no one in Cincy or Cleveland could be.
vampyrecandy - Sitting in her Dorm room in Baker, surrounded by clutter, reading something intently and forgetting all about her LJ entry. She only comes back to it when the kids down the hall start shouting.
wishesofastar - In a t-shirt and pants, just waking up, usually. Most likey, she's got MS Word open on her desktop and is currently either drunk or suffering writers block. Or both.

Am I close? Am I far off the mark? Wanna hurt me now? Let me know!

Oh, and how do you think I look when typing these things?
Current Mood: amusedamused
Current Music: "Sail on a Sailor", -JB
Tags: , ,

Page 1 of 2
<<[1] [2] >>
From:moonversion
Date:December 22nd, 2003 09:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
LMAO. You're so cute! Hehe. I have never thought about what everyone must look like while typing, I just hear click click click in my head. Hrrmmmmm.... I'll have to get back to you on that.

Although, they're Bumble slippers.....
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 22nd, 2003 10:01 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Maybe that's what I'm seeing. I couldn't imagine why I was thinking about plush slippers, but bunny was the only kind of slipper I could think of!

I actually started thinking about this on Friday, and I couldn't stop thinking about some of the people. It was too funny; I had to write it up.
From:rubydolphin
Date:December 22nd, 2003 09:42 pm (UTC)

Shhh... don't tell

(Link)
Actually, I do most of my updating at work.

Wood paneling? EEEEWWW!! My apartment had one wall with wood paneling. Horrible, dark, fake wood paneling. The wall was washed down with TSP, steel wooled (*), primed and painted white. It goes wonderfully with the blue walls and green bookshelves :)

Sorry about the private jokes. You are one of only 2 people on my friends list that I don't know in real life. We often get confused as to whether we've emailed, IM'd, LJ'd or actually talked about things.

She'll probably kill me, but somewhere on the Net there is a good pic of sparkliedragon in a beautiful dragon (what else?) costume. I'll see if I can find it.

*Wear clothes that completely cover you, goggles and a mask when you work with steel wool. Even if you are working in a 2nd floor apartment with no air conditioning in July.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 22nd, 2003 10:03 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Actually, I do most of my updating at work.

I'm sure most do, but I just don't think of most sitting in an office. More sitting at home for some reason.

No worries about jokes. I sometimes find them more funny when I don't get 'em.
From:chronarchy
Date:December 23rd, 2003 01:26 pm (UTC)
(Link)
When I typed that bit about Sewing or Knitting, I wondered if I was stereotyping people into gender roles. But I don't think so. It's just something I see you doing, for some reason.

But yes, with your head in your hands, sewing and knitting would be difficult. And you could put your eye out.
[User Picture]
From:deedeehopskotch
Date:December 22nd, 2003 10:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
well, since i can not see in your mind's eye (i should invent that technology), i am not sure which shirt you are talking about. but the dancing around the office part is spot on. i take my shoes off and slide around the carpet risky business style, though i am wearing more than just underwear. the headphones part? no. i have very bad 1.99 speakers, but they project music and that is the important thing. voodoo dolls? i'm making postcards. i'll try and send you one.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 23rd, 2003 01:25 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I was actually thinking of those things that call centers use with the ear-piece and the microphone, so I guess headphones was a bad choice of words.

It's either a kind of shiny green, or a kind of rainbow colour. . . I really, honestly know just what it looks like, but I cannot for the life of me describe it correctly, even the colour.

Maybe it's a conglomoration of shirts?

Voodoo dolls for the stupid customers, of course. :)