The more you learn, the less you know. . . - Chronarchy

December 24th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
08:57 am - The more you learn, the less you know. . .
Imagine a strong Celtic warrior on a windswept plain. He's covered from head to foot in blue woad, a 10 foot spear in his left hand. He wears no shirt, and his and hair kilt is stained in blood.

Now, take that image, move it into a small white room and replace the blue woad and the blood with white paint. Make the 10 foot spear a paint roller extender, make the kilt a pair of jeans, and make that Celtic Warrior me.

Then you will know exactly what I looked like when I finished the second coat of paint on my bedroom.

Yes, for those who need the mental image, I have been painting shirtless. For those who didn't want the image, you have my permission to claw your third eye out.

Unfortunately, the room isn't actually totally white yet. It's still a pale pink in some places. I might be fighting a losing battle. I'm praying that one final coat will do it, but I'm not sure I should hope, as hope can simply be dashed upon the rocks.

I hope that I can give everyone a truly great update on Monday about the house. And about whether Tina likes it. (cross your fingers, please)

Oh, on a side note, the Grove collected 18 toys for Firefighters4Kids at the Yule ritual. A thanks to those who donated! (In my geeky nature, I worked that out: 1.5 gifts per ADF member in our Grove; 2.25 gifts per person participating in the gift exchange; and 18 happier kids than there were yesterday.)

I dropped them off yesterday at the Fire station on N. High, next to Kroger.

Wow. triadruid took up something I did and turned it into a meme. I'm honoured :)

Now the rest of you: go do the same!
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: "Don't Chu-Know", -JB

From:freyjasgydhia
Date:December 24th, 2003 02:43 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm not surprised that got turned into a meme...
It was a good idea.

You're putting so much of yourself into this house I'm sure Tina will Love It!

I know anything that Stephen puts himself into like this I absolutely love no matter what.

From:ravenlaughing
Date:December 24th, 2003 03:06 pm (UTC)
(Link)
AHAHAHAHAHAH And why is Tina not getting pics of this funny warrior? LOL And did you bother to use a primer coat? :)
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 24th, 2003 03:08 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Heh. It's the "high hiding primer" that I'm talking about! It doesn't "hide" anything! :)

Tina could get pictures, I suppose, but there's no one here to take them. It boils down to a simliar argument she uses for me:

Her: "What would you like for Christmas"
Me: "You, giftwrapped with a bow."
Her: "And who would you feel comfortable with wrapping me up?"

I wonder if she'd be comfortable with any woman taking pictures of me shirtless. . .
From:ravenlaughing
Date:December 24th, 2003 03:17 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Muahahaha a woman that thinks ahead.... LOL I suppose a guy to take pics of you, but who do you know that's secure enough? LOL
[User Picture]