Ritual work. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

December 24th, 2003

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
01:10 pm - Ritual work. . .
Rituals I need to revise/write in the near future:

1) revamp the Buffett Ritual to include Cheeseburgers and actual singing (note: instead of opening the Gates, open the Tiki Bar)

2) the Muppet Liturgy (Statler and Waldorf as "Outdwellers")

3) the Stripper Liturgy (thanks to vampyrecandy [and her bro] for the idea) . . . (mental note: discuss whether strippers on poles would be better gatekeepers, or better axis mundi, and check whether anyone in ADF has skills that would be useful for helping out) . . . (mental note 2: try not to sound like a sexist pig for suggesting that)

4) the OSU-M*ch*g*n Game Blessing Rite (this will require new "vestments")

5) a run-of-the-mill Imbolc Rite for the Grove

6) a Sumbel for the Grove

7) another Erisian ritual (avoid using giant Golden Apples this time)

8) Ziiace foundation rite

9) one Black Mass, to go. No, I don't want fries with that.

On a totally unrelated note, I just realised that the SD of our Grove has the power to delegate out the Pursewarden or Scribe jobs if they become vacant. . . I think. I need to look at the By-Laws again.

Oh. I just got this in email (seems a lot of unrelated things are occuring here today). Some of you may know the subject of this particular article:

Pagans and Porn

An exerpt:

"Stacy Bartley, 46, of Ravenwood, W.Va., was arrested Dec. 1 and charged in Hamilton County with four counts of aggravated arson, charges carrying a maximum penalty of 36 years in prison."

It's a disturbing article.
Current Mood: discontentdiscontent
Current Music: "Everybody's Talkin'", -JB

From:ravenlaughing
Date:December 24th, 2003 06:50 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Does that mean that Lew the muppet who threw fish, is Mannannan? And what role will Gonzo and his chickens play?

Saw the article, very biased and uneducated journalist.

As for the buffett ritual, will parrot hats be required? And if I and my partner wish to get drunk and screw, will a room be provided?

ROFLMFAO
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:December 24th, 2003 07:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I haven't managed to post the pictures from last year's Buffett ritual yet, but you can tell I'm the priest in the ritual: I have the funny hat. It's a giant parrot.

I haven't fully thought through the Muppet Liturgy yet. I need to do some research by watching old Muppet Show episodes.
From:ravenlaughing
Date:December 24th, 2003 07:46 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Pick my brain, I remember most of them...
[User Picture]