January 2nd, 2004

Previous Entry Share Flag Next Entry
02:06 pm - Weird late-night musings
Oh, the strange things you think of when touching up paint in the wee hours of the morning. . .

The thought that consumed me last night was thus:

"I should make a button for Pagan festivals. It should say: 'I'm taken'.

No, it should really say:

'I enjoy fine conversation and good flirting. I like to have fun and to talk about all sorts of stuff. Just remember: if I'm flirting, I don't mean it; if I'm drinking you can't get me drunk enough; if I'm staring at you, I probably think you're hot, but I'm not going to do anything about it and you can't make me. I have a girlfriend whom I love very much. Yes, that also means I'm straight. In short: if you're looking to get laid, you're wasting your time.'

But that would be too small to read. So it should probably say:

'I'm taken, I flirt, I mean nothing by it. Find someone else to get you off.'

If nothing else, it'd make a great conversation starter!"

I don't know why I thought about this last night. Maybe it was the paint fumes?

Oh, and I think I'll have a twister mat ready for use at Wellspring. . . a large one. . . One that Groves could challenge other Groves on. I already have the canvas.

I slept through the ball dropping in NYC on NYE. I make it a point to sleep through it every year, actually. I find the idea somewhat revolting for some reason.

Brian is coming over tonight to watch the Fiesta Bowl. Yes, I purchased enough beer for him to get properly drunk, win or lose. Yes, I sold out and purchased Tostitos chips and salsa. No, I don't care.

Anyone who wishes (preferably who knows Brian, Tina, and me) is welcome to join us for the game. I'm grilling steaks, but I think I only have two, so that means you'll be eating cheeseburgers or hotdogs (I believe I have some buns).

Oh, and how could I forget?

I finished painting my room! The only thing left is to do some minor touchups, but that's it. I like it.

Though I might end up having to re-hang drywall in there. We'll see.

My altar is now in the process of going up. I'll post pictures when it's all done.

Probably either in March or late February I'll be putting up the wainscoting. I can't afford it right now, but I will be able to in about a month or two. Maybe the tax refund check will take care of that.
Current Mood: artistic
Current Music: "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:January 2nd, 2004 07:16 pm (UTC)

Hahaha!

(Link)
I need a button like that. I'm poly, Hubby is on the fence, but our marriage is not open and I'm happy with that. I get so tired of being hit on at festivals. Puh-leeze, like I would even thinking about doing anything with most of the people I meet (especially pagans), let alone look at them. Oops, I'm being mean. :P

How about a button with a light switch that reads "Fucking : Off"? ;) Paper bags work too... sometimes. Sometimes they're just kinky.

Yeah for more altar pictures!!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 2nd, 2004 07:24 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, I like being hit on, I just don't like it when it goes to the level of the girl (or guy, as has sometimes happened) expecting me to suddenly drop my pants and go to town.

Heck, hit on me all you want! I enjoy that!

I don't want women thinking I'm leading them on if they think they're getting signals they really aren't :)
From:moonversion
Date:January 2nd, 2004 07:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I am never comfortable with being hit on because it is rarely innocent. I find people just talk to me in that manner because they want sex. Ugh. Yuck. Flirting is very fun-- with the right people (as in those who know it is only flirting).

You could get it tattooed on your ass, that way you get the point across and you drop your pants-- it's all win-win. ;)

My Hubby gets the men hitting on him too...
From:chronarchy
Date:January 2nd, 2004 07:48 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Email's fine, or here. Depending on how public it should be :) You'll find my email on my website.
From:chronarchy
Date:January 2nd, 2004 08:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I do understand what you mean.

Here's the skinny:

ADF's Dedicant Program is for member's only. Now, I know that there are a lot of people out there who aren't sure ADF is for them, or they don't want to jump in for fear of the water being too cold or over their head.

What I usually suggest to PG's or Groves that are holding Dedicant Program study groups is that they allow any one who wants to come to about two meetings, take part in the discussion, and then make and informed choice about whether to join ADF or not.

Keep in mind that, according to the website, compassionate memberships are also available to persons who are not currently members of ADF. But they should consider seriously that $15 isn't really that much for a year.

The requirements for the DP, so far as I know, are public (I'll have to check on that). So anyone could work on them. You might also consider keeping discussions of some of the books on the DP list open to the public, as that would be okay.

Just remember: the DP is probably the biggest asset that ADF has to offer, so we can't be giving it out willy-nilly :)

If they want to finish it, they will have to join.

Make sense?
From:vampyrecandy
Date:January 2nd, 2004 07:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Is wainscoting like molding?

Have fun watching football. I'll either be sleeping or online.
[User Picture]