New Call/Response processional - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

06:19 pm - New Call/Response processional
No, I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but this came out of a business meeting. Or was it a ritual planning meeting? I don't remember:
Leader: "Hup-Two-Three-Four
Hup-Two-Three-Four
I don't know what I've been through!"

Grove: "I don't know what I've been through!"

Leader: "The Senior Druid is watching you!"

Grove: "The Senior Druid is watching you!"

Leader: "Keep your chin up, stand up straight!"

Grove: "Keep your chin up, stand up straight!"

Leader: "Keep your nose clean, in bed by eight!"

Grove: "Keep your nose clean, in bed by eight!"

Enjoy.
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: "The Night Before Christmas", -JB

From:moonversion
Date:January 8th, 2004 11:59 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Haha. I'm reminded of Colonel Hathi's March from the Jungle Book. It could easily be adapted... ;D

Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four
Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four
Company sound off!

Ho, the aim of our patrol
Is a question rather droll
For to march and drill
Over field and hill
Is a military goal!
Is a military goal!

Hup two three four
Dress it up two three four
Hup two three four
Dress it up two three four

By the ranks or single file
Over every jungle mile
Oh we stamp and crush
Through the underbrush
In a military style!
In a military style!

Hup two three four
Keep it up two three four
[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:January 9th, 2004 12:11 am (UTC)
(Link)
:::falls over giggling::::

all I can picture is R Lee Emery marching around a stone circle in a white robe and his drill seargent hat.

I am not mad or offended. Just frightened :-0
From:rubydolphin
Date:January 9th, 2004 03:05 am (UTC)
(Link)
It's great! You should post that one to the liturgist's guild too. Hopefully Caryn will post "Mud" :) It's a marvelously wonderful chant for spring.
[User Picture]
From:smithing_chick
Date:January 9th, 2004 04:47 am (UTC)
(Link)
See, now I'm thinking of a chant we use marching to battles at Pennsic & how it might be the perfect processional for a rite in honor of a certain Goddess I'm known to converse with.

"Blood!
Blood!
Blood makes makes grass grow!"
[User Picture]
From:anivair
Date:January 9th, 2004 12:55 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I like that one. I think we should try them out soon.
[User Picture]