MemeMemeMemeMemeMeme! - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

12:04 pm - MemeMemeMemeMemeMeme!
Because I'm a firm believer in the law of fives, I'm going back to this particular meme's original format (taken from mlleelizabeth's journal):

Recommend to me:
1. A movie.
2. A book.
3. A musical artist, song, or album.
4. An LJ user not on my friends list.
5. Something to do in the next two months; something daring or adventuresome
Current Mood: blankblank
Current Music: "Far Side of the World", -JB

From:rhiannon76
Date:January 20th, 2004 05:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. school of rock
2. american gods by neil gaiman
3. tenacious d by tenacious d
4. myrch
5. come visit black bear grove!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 20th, 2004 05:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. school of rock

-Saw it, pretty good. :)

2. american gods by neil gaiman

-Never been a big fan of his, but I do want to read this particular book.

3. tenacious d by tenacious d

-Don't own it, but I have listened to it, and it's excellent.

4. myrch

-Checked out, added to my friends. . . We'll see *grins*

5. come visit black bear grove!

-Uh, okay. When's the next ritual/meeting/DP study group? Want a workshop? Just want to hang out (if so, you have to buy the pizza)?
[User Picture]
From:rhiannon76
Date:January 20th, 2004 05:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
5. come visit black bear grove!

-Uh, okay. When's the next ritual/meeting/DP study group? Want a workshop? Just want to hang out (if so, you have to buy the pizza)?

  • next meeting: this saturday (the 24th) at 2 pm. mainly an imbolc planning thingy, though i think explore might do a brief intro on the ADF DP now that we have enough newish people around to introduce that. {bonus: if you came out for this, you could stick around and come to my bellydance gig that night...}

  • imbolc ritual is saturday jan. 31st at 1 pm (which reminds me, i oughtta post it to adf, and it's *gulp* the first ritual i've organized and been in charge of, ever.

  • ooooh, what kinds of workshop topics do you have? we're trying to plan lore meetings/workshops/non-business meetings; we've got various topics of interest, but getting people to agree to lead the discussions is harder.

  • hanging out would be swell... multigrove interaction, ooooh, ahhh. i would totally buy the pizza. ;)
  • [User Picture]
    From:rhiannon76
    Date:January 20th, 2004 06:04 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    When's the next ritual/meeting/DP study group?

    i meant to add in the previous comment that we've decided on regular meeting times now: the 2nd and 4th saturdays of every month. 2nd saturday meetings are in the evening at somebody's house, and 4th saturdays at in the early afternoon at a bookstore downtown.
    [User Picture]
    From:chronarchy
    Date:January 20th, 2004 07:00 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    Heh. We're doing our ritual on Sunday, Feb. 1. Because of the damn Superbowl, we're doin' it early, so I probably couldn't make it out on Sat. And this weekend we're doing a DP group here, as well. *sighs*

    Do you guys do all rituals on Saturdays? If so, I can possibly make it out to, say, the Spring Eq., esp. if I can trick. . . er, drag. . . er, ask someone to handle all the preparation for me for ours.

    I'm working on a list of workshops I can offer. Not done with it yet.

    Or you could just let me know the kinds of things you want, and I can work something up :)
    [User Picture]
    From:rhiannon76
    Date:January 20th, 2004 10:35 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    we've tended to aim to do our rituals on saturdays thus far (though samhain got changed to a sunday). we don't necessarily have a rule about it, though. i don't think we've set the date yet for spring equinox; we're gonna plan that soon.

    I'm working on a list of workshops I can offer. Not done with it yet.
    Or you could just let me know the kinds of things you want, and I can work something up :)

    heh. do you have a preference between these two options?

    i'll say now that, should you come out and visit at some point, you're welcome to crash at my place so as not to have to do a round trip in one day.
    From:rubydolphin
    Date:January 20th, 2004 05:39 pm (UTC)

    baaaaaa

    (Link)
    1. The Secret of Roan Inish
    2. Chocolat by Joanne Harris (movie was so wrong)
    3. Beethoven Symphonies Nos. 7 & 8, conducted by Sir Georg Solti with the Chicago Philharmanic
    4. satikat
    5. Go swimming. Outside. In nothing but skivvies. In Ohio.
    [User Picture]
    From:chronarchy
    Date:January 20th, 2004 05:48 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    1. The Secret of Roan Inish

    -Haven't seen it yet. . . Writing it down . .

    2. Chocolat by Joanne Harris (movie was so wrong)

    -I saw that movie, and I really, really didn't like it. Book was better? Even for someone who doesn't like chocolate?

    3. Beethoven Symphonies Nos. 7 & 8, conducted by Sir Georg Solti with the Chicago Philharmanic

    -Now that's tempting :)

    4. satikat

    -Been meaning to add for a while, haven't done it yet.

    5. Go swimming. Outside. In nothing but skivvies. In Ohio.

    -Does my hot tub count? If I dog paddle from one side to the other?
    From:rubydolphin
    Date:January 20th, 2004 06:11 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    You'll probably find Roan Inish in the children's section of a video store. It's a beautiful story. I actually bought it before I had (or was pregnant with) my son.

    I was furious when I saw the movie Chocolat. It changed and removed a lot that I liked about the book. Chocolate is more of a metaphor than anything else, though it is hard to respond to someone that doesn't like chocolate. There is just something inherently wrong with that. It was hard to think of just one book since I tend to read series of books. Alternate recommendations are Damage by Josephine Hart or Blackberry Wine, again by Joanne Harris.

    And no, a hot tub or any sort of artifically heated water does not count :P
    [User Picture]
    From:chronarchy
    Date:January 20th, 2004 06:48 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    Nothing wrong with not liking chocolate. And it's less that I don't like it, and more that I'm simply unimpressed with it. I mean, it *can* taste good, esp. in conjunction with other things like PB, but alone it's dull and boring.

    I suppose I'll have to find another way to swim . . . That'll be a trick.
    [User Picture]
    From:mlleelizabeth
    Date:January 20th, 2004 05:58 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    1. Cheaper by the Dozen. It's cute, funny, uplifting and that cute guy that kind of looks like you is in it. ;)

    2. B.A. Botkin's Treasury of Southern Folklore. It's filled with a wonderful variety of short stories -- some humorous, some scary, some odd and all of them interesting.

    3. The Austin Lounge Lizards.

    4. Just one? I have a ton of great people on my friends list, so I think I'll recommend two, both of whom post a wide variety of thought-provoking things: kstanley and fajrdrako.

    5. Write a short story!
    [User Picture]
    From:chronarchy
    Date:January 20th, 2004 06:25 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    1. Cheaper by the Dozen. It's cute, funny, uplifting and that cute
    guy that kind of looks like you is in it. ;)

    - Oh, well, then I'll definitely have to go see it! :)

    2.
    [Error: Irreparable invalid markup ('<a [...] 460//ref>') in entry. Owner must fix manually. Raw contents below.]

    1. <i>Cheaper by the Dozen.</i> It's cute, funny, uplifting and that cute
    guy that kind of looks like you is in it. ;)

    - Oh, well, then I'll definitely have to go see it! :)

    2. <a
    href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0517641364/qid=1074620
    460//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i3_xgl14/102-6638878-0935316?v=glance&s=books&n=50784
    6>B.A. Botkin's Treasury of Southern Folklore.</a>

    - Will need to look it up. :)

    3. <a href=http://www.austinlizards.com/>The Austin Lounge Lizards.</a>

    - never heard of 'em, but I'll see if I can find 'em.

    4. <lj user=kstanley> and <lj user=fajrdrako>.

    - I know you have lots :) But I'll start with these two, see what happens :) They certainly look interesting. . .

    5. Write a short story!

    - Okay. Soon. Ideas for topix? I'm not promising to use any, but something might set my mind off.
    [User Picture]
    From:mlleelizabeth
    Date:January 20th, 2004 07:02 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    1. *g*

    2. B.A. Botkin's Treasury of Southern Folklore.

    - Will need to look it up. :)

    Here's some more info on Mr. Botkin. The book should be available at the library.

    3. The Austin Lounge Lizards.

    - never heard of 'em, but I'll see if I can find 'em.

    I could try to email you one of their songs when I get home. I've never done that, so I don't know how it works, technically, but I'm willing to try.

    4. kstanley and fajrdrako.

    - I know you have lots :) But I'll start with these two, see what happens :) They certainly look interesting. . .

    They are!

    5. Write a short story!

    - Okay. Soon. Ideas for topix? I'm not promising to use any, but something might set my mind off.

    Okay! Here are a few proto-plot bunnies:

    a. Character A goes through a big chunk of his life with a career he likes, but does not love. He wins some sort of contest, and has the opportunity to start over again, in a career he would love. But he has to start at the bottom. Does he do it?

    b. The armies in your office come to life, and negotiate a truce. Why? Do they keep it?

    c. The Gods have gone crazy and traded places (not Trading Spaces -- though that could be amusing!). What havoc do they wreak? Do things get set right again, and if so, how? And after things are back the way they were, is there some lasting effect?

    How's that for starters?
    [User Picture]
    From:chronarchy
    Date:January 20th, 2004 07:39 pm (UTC)
    (Link)
    Well, in reference to five :)

    The Gods "Trading Spaces" would be soooooo much cooler than any of the other ones!

    I'm already imagining Satan redecorating the Heavenly Bathroom, and God redecorating the Hellish Master Bedroom.

    Yeah, that'll get the creative juices flowing. . .