January 20th, 2004
|12:04 pm - MemeMemeMemeMemeMeme!|
Because I'm a firm believer in the law of fives, I'm going back to this particular meme's original format (taken from mlleelizabeth's journal):
Recommend to me:
1. A movie.
2. A book.
3. A musical artist, song, or album.
4. An LJ user not on my friends list.
5. Something to do in the next two months; something daring or adventuresome
Current Mood: blank
Current Music: "Far Side of the World", -JB
1. *g*2. B.A. Botkin's Treasury of Southern Folklore.
- Will need to look it up. :)
Here's some more info on Mr. Botkin
. The book should be available at the library.3. The Austin Lounge Lizards.
- never heard of 'em, but I'll see if I can find 'em.
I could try to email you one of their songs when I get home. I've never done that, so I don't know how it works, technically, but I'm willing to try.4. kstanley and fajrdrako.
- I know you have lots :) But I'll start with these two, see what happens :) They certainly look interesting. . .
5. Write a short story!- Okay. Soon. Ideas for topix? I'm not promising to use any, but something might set my mind off.
Okay! Here are a few proto-plot bunnies:
a. Character A goes through a big chunk of his life with a career he likes, but does not love. He wins some sort of contest, and has the opportunity to start over again, in a career he would love. But he has to start at the bottom. Does he do it?
b. The armies in your office come to life, and negotiate a truce. Why? Do they keep it?
c. The Gods have gone crazy and traded places (not Trading Spaces -- though that could be amusing!). What havoc do they wreak? Do things get set right again, and if so, how? And after things are back the way they were, is there some lasting effect?
How's that for starters?
Well, in reference to five :)
The Gods "Trading Spaces" would be soooooo much cooler than any of the other ones!
I'm already imagining Satan redecorating the Heavenly Bathroom, and God redecorating the Hellish Master Bedroom.
Yeah, that'll get the creative juices flowing. . .