Women and water are in short supply. . . - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

January 23rd, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
09:53 am - Women and water are in short supply. . .
So I had a lovely evening last night going out to dinner with healing_coyote. It's always a pleasure to spend time with her.

Got home and told Tina where I'd been. I think she's more than a bit jealous and maybe even untrusting. *sighs* But, there's little I can do about that. *shrugs*

On an amusing side note, I'm now the friend of 50 people. this is cool, because, in general, people rock. Well, except for the obvious exceptions.

Work is currently hell, which is why my IM is set to away. I'm kind of sort of available, but not really. Mainly, I'm here if something important is going on. No small talk.

I'll be updating with a description of that quiz soon, so if you haven't taken it, this is about to be your last chance.

But whether I do that later today or on Monday will greatly depend on whether I finish my work.

My armies are getting restless. They might have to go to war tonight.

What an interesting musical selection for this entry:

You Call it Joggin'
Current Mood: annoyedannoyed
Current Music: "You Call it Joggin'", -JB

From:chronarchy
Date:January 23rd, 2004 10:52 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Dude, there's *soooo* no fun in that. :)

*shrugs* But, yeah, I know. Of course, better to grovel in forgiveness than to get a no and do it, eh?
From:rubydolphin
Date:January 23rd, 2004 11:24 pm (UTC)

That is just ass backwards

(Link)
All joking aside, it is better to ask permission than to seek forgiveness - especially when another woman is involved, even one who is only a friend.

Ask permission and take the chance of a no, which is probably not as likely as you think. Your friend was only in town temporarily, and I am going to make a blind assumption (knowing absolutely zilch about Tina) that she would have understood.

However, by NOT telling her, she now thinks you are trying to hide something from her and wonders what that something is. It doesn't matter whether or not she has any rational basis for that feeling. Feelings are not rational, and don't need to be. Playing with another person's feelings (Tina's in this case) is not "fun". It's cruel. I don't think that was your intention, but that's how that statement comes across to me. Actually, I'd be furious - to put it mildly. But I am not what you would call laid back, either.

Sorry for the lecture, but you struck a nerve.

Grape?
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 24th, 2004 06:13 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Not a problem, and I'm tired of grapes after eating about three pounds of 'em. :)

I've always been a firm believer that I'll do as I please, and I'll not make excuses. In reality, there was no begging forgiveness, nor any real anger. But then, she has a tendancy to do the same kind of thing to me, even if she doesn't see it that way.

She has one guy she knows who has been struggling to get into her pants for 5 years. Honestly, I trust her more than anything. Probably more than I trust myself. But I can't stand this guy.

A roommate of ours once put it best: "My God! He couldn't be any more obvious if he whipped his erection out and asked her to sit on his lap!"

Well, quite often I come home from work and she's called him to come over, and then completely ignores me for the guy. She knows I hate him, and she knows I don't trust him. But I have never, ever said anything unless she asks directly, and am extremely civil around him.

All I ask is the same level of trust in me.

In general, our relationship usually works on a need-to-know basis. If I'm going to be out late on a Tuesday night (I always am), she doesn't ask where I've been or who I've been with. If I go to a movie with someone, I don't rush to tell her in advance. She calls up friends and goes out with them without telling me, and I do it without telling her. This is the usual way things go.

Now, if something had happened, she'd have to know. Once, I got kissed by a girl that I was out with. She kissed me (not a mutual thing or even me wanting to be kissed), and I told Tina that night. That was something that she needed to know. But movies, dinner, or even the occasional flirtation are not important.

On top of all that, I wasn't even totally sure what plans were until that day. I knew dinner would probably be involved somewhere, but I had no idea how long or what else. I don't like to discuss things without actually knowing what's going on.

Hehe. Lecture right back at ya, huh? Sorry.
From:rubydolphin
Date:January 24th, 2004 06:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*shrugs* Guess I earned it :)

I definitely understand where you are coming from, though. I've been on both sides of your story, and they both suck.

Tennis ball?
From:healing_coyote
Date:January 24th, 2004 12:51 am (UTC)
(Link)
man, it's dinner! I didn't know it would be a big deal... :) At least, you should let Tina know that there is absolutely no competition and I live over 500 miles away... :)

Besides, Hand-on-knee Boy is turning out to be rather fun...too bad he leaves for Iraq soon.

Good Luck at work and with Tina.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 24th, 2004 06:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
What, love can't span 500 miles? </swoon>

Believe me, I've told her that there's no competition. No offense :) You may be beautiful, but she's gorgeous. Sorry.

It's just a fun rollercoaster ride sometimes. Keeps life interesting. Definitely not your fault.

Glad to know that it's working out with that guy. . . Odd as it seems. . .
From:healing_coyote
Date:January 24th, 2004 06:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
LOL I have never known it to span 500 miles, but then again, I love my family and friends, so I guess you're right. No need to apologize, I know what's up. LOL (I'm bringing back the Queens-talk since I am going back soon!)

It was an odd situation. Hands-on-Knee guy didn't put his hand on my knee again, but we did hang out and talk as good friends do, and then he kissed me goodbye. It was a pretty strange kiss, as it was short and I was completely unprepared for it... but eh, a kiss is more than I've had in a long time! LOL

Hope to see you Monday morning, if I can push it, to say goodbye and finally say hello/goodbye to Joyce. :)
From:mmefrufru
Date:January 26th, 2004 08:02 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Monika, you wench! Leaving me out in the cold! You never told me about Hand-on-knee guy! Grrr...