Questions: - Chronarchy

10:37 am - Questions:
Pulled first from athanasios, then from ravenlaughing, and finally from beautycorrosion:

1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
2. How long have you known me?
3. When and how did we first meet?
4. What was your first impression?
5. Do you still think that way about me now?
6. What do you think my weakness is?
7. Do you think I'll get married?
8. What makes me happy?
9. What makes me sad?
10.What reminds you of me?
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
12.How well do you know me?
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
14.Do you think I could kill someone?
15.Describe me in one word.
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?

(BTW: Not knowing me "well enough" is never a valid excuse. Feel free to try the thing.)

(Oh, and for number 13, if you're feeling real adventurous, you can email me and tell me what it is, or pop it in the comments.)
Current Mood: busy
Current Music: "Buck-Butt the Turtle", -JB

From:vampyrecandy
Date:January 26th, 2004 04:21 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm bored and avoiding going out in the snow, so here goes.

1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it. "hard place" ... And you know why ;-)
2. How long have you known me? Since the spring of 2002.
3. When and how did we first meet? At my first PSA meeting.
4. What was your first impression? I don't remember. Actually, now that I think of it, I do. Someone had told me before I came that you were really cute and that they had a little crush ... When I got there I didn't see the attraction, except for your eyes- which as you know are beautious. Nothing personal, you're just not really my 'type' ;-)
5. Do you still think that way about me now? Eh, not really. I think of you more in terms of respect etc rather than physical traits.
6. What do you think my weakness is? Sensitivity
7. Do you think I'll get married? I think you would if you could.
8. What makes me happy? Your cats, for one.
9. What makes me sad? People who don't truly appreciate their animals.
10.What reminds you of me? Jimmy Buffet (Whenever I use the cd player in my dad's car he seems to have at least one of those cd's in there)
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be? Money, and lots of it, because you need it.
12.How well do you know me? I would never profess to know you very well, but I know you better than I did when I first met you.
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? No, not really. Usually I just come out with stuff and tell you if I have something to say.
14.Do you think I could kill someone? Yeah. It would be circumstantial, though.
15.Describe me in one word. Supercalafragalisticexpialadocious.
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same? Stronger, I suppose.
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? Yeah, but I don't know if I would take you up on that.
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely? I usually read them in their entirety. Usually.

I'll probably put this one up eventually, maybe you can return the favor ;-)

[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 04:29 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ooh. Now I want to know who was spreading vicious lies about me being really cute. . .

I have a feeling that Buffett is going to play a lot into what reminds people of me.

'course I'll return the favour :)
[User Picture]
From:saffronhare
Date:January 26th, 2004 04:48 pm (UTC)

An exercise in creative writing

(Link)
Since I really don't know you at all:

1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
2. How long have you known me? I've stalked you for a few weeks.
3. When and how did we first meet? We were best friends back in Altantis, but haven't really talked much since.
4. What was your first impression? I admire a man who can wear red tights with confidence.
5. Do you still think that way about me now? Absolutely
6. What do you think my weakness is? Dougnuts (or other sweet distractions)
7. Do you think I'll get married? Yup.
8. What makes me happy? Being adored.
9. What makes me sad? Having to choose between two pleasant options (which means you can't have both).
10.What reminds you of me? feathers (don't ask why, it just popped into my mind)
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
12.How well do you know me? not at all really, so for the moment I think you're a swell guy
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? not yet
14.Do you think I could kill someone? Could, yes. Would, likely not.
15.Describe me in one word. Optimism
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same? Definitely stronger, since I started "speaking" to you.
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? Hard to say yet. Depends on whether what I was talking about was interesting. I'm sure you could manage to give the appearance of listening.
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely? I almost always read entire journal entries, unless they require scrolling; then, I skim and go back.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 04:56 pm (UTC)
(Link)
*grins* a good showing :) Thanks.

And yes, I hate choosing between two pleasant options.

And I knew I remembered you from somehwere. Atlantis probably is it. My memory's a bit fuzzy about that life, but you know how it goes. I certainly hope I was nice.
From:moonversion
Date:January 26th, 2004 05:18 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Oh shit. Erm. No, that wasn't it. I don't know..... umm. Yeah.

2. How long have you known me?
I don't know... my memory is horrid. I shall go with what you said... a few months.

3. When and how did we first meet?
LJ, although I do not think that counts as a "place".

4. What was your first impression?
That you were intelligent and articulate.

5. Do you still think that way about me now?
That you're

6. What do you think my weakness is?
Sexy.

7. Do you think I'll get married?
I do not think about it, that is a personal choice thing and I feel by saying something I'm sort of passing judgement. Ya know?

8. What makes me happy?
Sexy & Gorgeous

9. What makes me sad?
I don't know.

10.What reminds you of me?
Pirate hats. With big poofy feathers.

11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
A young long legged female construction worker to fix your house.

12.How well do you know me?
Not well at all.

13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
You have a booger hanging out of your left nostril....

14.Do you think I could kill someone?
I think anyone could.

15.Describe me in one word.
Blessed. Why? Because you seem to know who you are, what you want , you are honest and have integrity. Most people cannot even get their foot in the door to all of that.

16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?
I am undecided. :) It's an Internet thing. I don't trust the Internet all that much. We'll see if I make it to Wellspring and you let me give you a noogie.

17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
Yes.

18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?
I read all of the entires on my "Friends" page.

[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:16 pm (UTC)
(Link)
10.What reminds you of me?
Pirate hats. With big poofy feathers.

Man, I am so going to disappoint :)

Let me know if you find that long legged female construction worker to fix my house. :)

"Sexy" is definitely my biggest weakness.
From:ravenlaughing
Date:January 26th, 2004 05:19 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Hmmm. How about buffboy? Take that as you will, lol.
2. How long have you known me?
Since I joined ADF in Sep.
3. When and how did we first meet?
on the ADF lists
4. What was your first impression?
Cool, someone who's not afraid to talk about Eris!
5. Do you still think that way about me now?
Oh yup. except you're cooler... LOL
6. What do you think my weakness is?
beaches and blondes? LOL
7. Do you think I'll get married?
not sure on that, but you're obviously not afraid to commit.
8. What makes me happy?
Tina, your faith, and plastic toys. oh and doughnuts
9. What makes me sad?
betrayal and trolls
10.What reminds you of me?
anything with a hawaiian print.
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
tickets to a buffett concert for your bday?
12.How well do you know me?
as well as anyone who's not met you in person, I think
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
not yet. I'll let you know when I want to keep you on tenterhooks
14.Do you think I could kill someone?
not a person...
15.Describe me in one word.
vivacious
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?
staying the same
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
hmmm not just yet...
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?
I always read all of it, they're very interesting.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:20 pm (UTC)
(Link)
6. What do you think my weakness is?
beaches and blondes? LOL

Not blondes, actually. I prefer red-heads. Blondes usually don't blip the radar.

But then, there is the occasional one.

Blondes are weird with me. They're usually in the cute/hot categories. It's rare to find one who is beautiful, or even one who's pretty. But I do find them sometimes.

But then, I'm not much like most men.

"vivacious". . . What a funny word. . . L:)
From:ravenlaughing
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:31 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Well, I was going of your eerie blond see you on thursday experiences... LOL And my hair is auburn, LOL.

yes, vivacisou. you have a complete enjoyment of life in general, it seems.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Yeah, I've had good luck with blondes in this office. . . Wait, that doesn't sound right!
[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:January 26th, 2004 05:33 pm (UTC)

You asked for it.

(Link)
another one who just barely knows you at all...but you asked for it.

1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it. No idea. Then again, I don't even know off the top of my head what you're real name is. I do think chronarchy is a fitting nickname for you though.
2. How long have you known me? For a short while, if at all. I guess you could say I've known you ever since I saw your name on my "friend of" list and went "who is that?"
3. When and how did we first meet? well..we never really have...
4. What was your first impression? after I read you're journal I was curious how I knew you. You seemed rather intelligent.
5.Do you still think that way about me now? yes.
6. What do you think my weakness is? I'm not sure if this falls under a weakness all the time, but it seemns like you try to do too much and wear yourself out.
7. Do you think I'll get married? I don't know you well enough to say so, but my guess is yes.
8. What makes me happy? A job well done.
9. What makes me sad? I don't really know. I have a feeling I know what makes you mad, but thats not really the same thing. Thoughtless people perhaps?
10.What reminds you of me? ADF. and druidry stuff.
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be? Actually I would probably adopt that cat you had problems with awhile back. that or a limitless shopping spree at half-priced books since you seem to go there so much.
12.How well do you know me? not very well at all unfortunatly
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? I don't really know either of you but the way you talk about your relationship with tina just makes me happy. You have given me reason to believe that not all men are the scum of the earth, and that there are actually people out there that truly and deeply love each other. Its so cute.
14.Do you think I could kill someone? personally I think anyone could if you pushed them far enough. Granted I have no idea what exactly it is that would make you do that.
15.Describe me in one word. dedicated
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same? It's stayed the same, but for obvious reasons.
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? I don't think I ever will, but I do believe I could, and you would. (*blink* did that make any sense at all?)
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely? You're entries are generally pretty short, so I read them all. Sometimes I'll skip the cuts and comeback to them later, and usually stuff for adf I skip over simply because I have no idea what its all about.

:-D

[User Picture]
From:roc441
Date:January 26th, 2004 05:43 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ahhhh! What's with all the extra lines at the end of this?!? I was so proud of my self for not messing up the html. *sigh* I can't win. Sorry for making your comments page look all goofy!
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:22 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Hehe. I like being "rather intellegent". Keeps me from getting too big a head.

I do do too much, but I love it. It's fun.

Comes standard with the "short attention span" package. It's a feature, not a flaw.
[User Picture]
From:mlleelizabeth
Date:January 26th, 2004 05:44 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Tommy the Imp. ;)
2. How long have you known me?
A few months.
3. When and how did we first meet?
You friended me on LJ.
4. What was your first impression?
That you are very interesting, and quite mature for your age.
5. Do you still think that way about me now?
Yes.
6. What do you think my weakness is?
Other than donuts and beautiful women??? LOL I think you tend to take on a lot of responsibility, which is not a weakness itself, but it is something to keep an eye on.
7. Do you think I'll get married?
Yes.
8. What makes me happy?
Music. Playing. Women. Bringing happiness and fun into other people’s lives. Stirring things up a bit.
9. What makes me sad?
People reacting badly to your well-intended actions and/or misunderstanding what you’ve done or your intent.
10.What reminds you of me?
Action figures, especially giant M&Ms.
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
A hug.
12.How well do you know me?
According to the quiz thing you had up, better than I thought I did, but not as well as I hope to know you, eventually.
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
I don’t think so. I tend to be pretty upfront. I think it’s possible that I have not said “thank you,” to you as many times as I meant to.
14.Do you think I could kill someone?
In self-defense, or to keep someone you love from being killed, yes, possibly.
15.Describe me in one word.
Playful.
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?
I think it’s gotten a bit stronger, which pleases me, but if it is staying the same, that’s largely because I haven’t been around all that much lately, and I apologize.

17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
Yes.
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?
I never skip entries, and I usually do not skim yours. Therefore, if I am on lj, I usually read your entire entries. I do tend to go away for several days, and I am sure I miss some of your entries because of that, but it’s not intentional.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 06:32 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Oh, I miss your stories sometimes. You've got a real gift with words and fantastical situations. I'm constantly shocked at how much I like your stories, especially since they're all guy on guy :)

You know, people are going to wonder about number 10 there. . . Even I had to think about it :) The giant M&M's didn't register immediately.
[User Picture]
From:mlleelizabeth
Date:January 27th, 2004 01:50 am (UTC)
(Link)
I am really glad you like my stories! Lucky, lucky, you! I was a good girl this weekend and got all of my stories uploaded to the FHS archive so you can find any of them you might have missed. I need to get them uploaded to my own site, but that's a more challenging endeavor. I write my stories largely to make myself laugh, and to soothe myself, so perhaps I am managing to soothe others, as well.

The pictures of the armies marching through your office really made a big impression on me!
From:mmefrufru
Date:January 26th, 2004 07:54 pm (UTC)
(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.

--Um... Manic Meter Mike? Nevermind. That sounds stupid. I wanted to think of a nickname that evoked your cleverness for rhyme and rhythm, but I'm tapped. Sorry.

2. How long have you known me?

--I think since my freshman year of college...Monika introduced me to you, so I'd say about 2 years.

3. When and how did we first meet?

--I'm pretty sure it was at the OSU fair! I couldn't remember your name for a while so Monika helped me by referring to you as "Pirate Mike."

4. What was your first impression?

--I thought you looked like a better version of Ralph Fiennes.

5. Do you still think that way about me now?

--Yes.

6. What do you think my weakness is?

--Hmm...beautiful women? How man people have put that down so far?

7. Do you think I'll get married?

--When you want to.

8. What makes me happy?

--I'm sure that having a deep, profound conversation with someone would make you happy. You are definitely a cool intellectual.

9. What makes me sad?

--Not seeing me update my livejournal posts with something witty and weird! :)

10.What reminds you of me?

--My books. Monika says you and I have EXACTLY the same library of books! Oh, and pirates. And Ralph Fiennes.

11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?

--Hmm...an original, first-edition copy of a favorite text.

12.How well do you know me?

--I still don't think very well (proof--my abysmal quiz scores) but I'm getting there!

13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?

--Hmm...when I first met you I thought you were very handsome and I was probably rendered thus speechless, or quiet, or crazy, or something...either way I think I was taken slightly aback. Never told you that, did I?

14.Do you think I could kill someone?

--Yes. Run him through! Slit his gizzard!

15.Describe me in one word.

--Prestidigitation.

16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?

--Hmm...I don't know if it was really strong in the first place, but if it wasn't for Monika or LJ, I don't think I'd ever know you as anything more than "Pirate Mike."

17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?

--Probably. You're definitely mature enough to handle anything...but I wouldn't want to share stuff with you If I thought you weren't interested. But you don't seem like that type of person, anyway.

18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?

--I try to read all of them, but some of the long ones that don't really pertain to me, I skim. I'd say 75% read, 25% skim.

[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 26th, 2004 11:45 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Haha. Perhaps we should have lunch sometime.

*grins a rascally grin* Never was much of a pirate, myself. I like dry land. But I'll accept the whole "pirate thing", even if it wasn't exactly what I was going for. . . :)
From:mmefrufru
Date:January 28th, 2004 05:23 pm (UTC)
(Link)
If you can wait five months for lunch, sure.
[User Picture]
From:qorinda
Date:January 27th, 2004 06:29 am (UTC)
(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Mango Mike.... after your favorite JB song

2. How long have you known me?
I've known OF you for awhile... over a year, I think

3. When and how did we first meet?
ADF lists

4. What was your first impression?
LOL. You wouldn't believe it. When Kirk ever told me how young you are, I was flabbergasted. I had thought you were a stodgy (meant only in the BEST sense) old scholar (you know, around my age) on a par with Cei Serith and John Michael Greer.

5. Do you still think that way about me now?
No, although I am ever impressed with how much you know.

6. What do you think my weakness is?
Well, you already said - sexy redheads

7. Do you think I'll get married?
Yes

8. What makes me happy?
Tina, Jimmy Buffet, ADF

9. What makes me sad?
not sure. I would imagine you are the type that doesn't like to see someone hurt

10.What reminds you of me?
Well, Jimmy Buffet, of course. Also, leprechauns in trees. LOL

11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
airfare to Desert Magic Festival

12.How well do you know me?
only as well as you write in these pages

13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?
Not yet - although if I had something to say, I'd find a way to tell you.

14.Do you think I could kill someone?
as others have said, probably in self-defense

15.Describe me in one word.
incorrigible

16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same?
stronger

17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen?
not yet - I think you are more conservative than I am in many ways

18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely?
I usually read them entirely, occasionally skim when I am in a hurry, rarely skip when I haven't had a chance to read LJ in awhile.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 27th, 2004 02:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I had a dream last night that I could get $60 fares to Phoenix.

Maybe I should just swallow the cash and go. I really want to.

*grins* It's good to know that my reputation precedes me.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 27th, 2004 02:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Not quite $60, but I did find this:

$94 one-way, to/from Columbus, OH

So, um, I'm working on the days off.
[User Picture]
From:autumnfey
Date:January 30th, 2004 05:47 pm (UTC)

Better late than never

(Link)
1. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.
Imp, because I still smile every time I picture you doing an impression of one. I think it is all in the ears.
2. How long have you known me?
I would say 5 years or so.
3. When and how did we first meet?
It was at the first PSA meeting in Sept 1997.
4. What was your first impression?
Well, I was a little overwhelmed at the turn out of the first meeting, so I have to admit not remembering anyone from that meeting, but in subsequent meetings I distinctly remember you as the cute tall guy in the fedora. Quiet at first, but when you had something to say it was well worth hearing. After that of course you weren't so quiet . . .
5. Do you still think that way about me now?
Uhm, as the cute tall guy in the fedora, yeah (not so much the quiet guy though)
6. What do you think my weakness is?
Aside from the obvious answer (beautiful women) I think that you don't know how to say NO even especially when it is for your own good.
7. Do you think I'll get married?
Yeah, I do.
8. What makes me happy?
There are so many things, but I think standing on a mountaintop watching the sun rise is one of the best.
9. What makes me sad?
When friends move away
10.What reminds you of me?
Long brown duster coats, Jimmy buffet (of course), and anytime I flip past Smallville!
11.If you could give me anything, what would it be?
Right now, an all expense paid vactation (sounds like you could use it)
12.How well do you know me?
Relatively well (cop out I know, I know most people relatively well)
13.Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't? Not that I can think of - but if I think of something, I probably won't let you know . . .
14.Do you think I could kill someone? Yes
15.Describe me in one word. Pilgrim (because I always picture you walking, I know you have some great journeys ahead of you)
16.Do you think our friendship is getting stronger, weaker, or staying the same? Stronger.
17.Do you feel that you could talk to me about anything and I would listen? Yes, without a doubt
18.About how often do you read an entire entry of mine, how often do you skim, and how often do you skip them completely? I always read what comes up, if you link to something or a longer entry I usually read, but sometimes skim depending on subject and what I'm doing that day.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 30th, 2004 06:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Heh. It was a black trench coat, but you're close :) We did have discussions about brown dusters, though.

Now I'm worried that my ears are pointed somehow :)