Current Music: "Great Heart", -JB

From:vampyrecandy
Date:January 27th, 2004 03:14 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Sounds absolutely awesome! I think that would be really good for you- change of scene and nice weather. Hope you get to go. I expect a full discourse once you get back.
From:chronarchy
Date:January 27th, 2004 04:57 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to get there right now, so I'll remember that :)

May 6-9 would be the dates. You should come out, too! You can get the same deal! Southwest flies out of BWI, too:

$94 one-way, to/from Baltimore/Washington Int'l, MD

Hey, my whole CedarLight Harem (TM) could come!
From:ravenlaughing
Date:January 27th, 2004 03:27 pm (UTC)
(Link)
If you have any leftover time, you're welcome to come to our mile high druid camp over summer solstice weekend...
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 27th, 2004 03:36 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Unless I can get a crazy Grove member to take over our rite that weekend, I'm stuck here in Columbus, unfortunately. *sighs*

but I'd love to go, really.
[User Picture]
From:kittenpants
Date:January 27th, 2004 03:43 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Arizona sounds really nice right now. The wind chill is -14 F today in Kansas City, with two inches of snow covering a sheet of ice. The city has announced that anyone who gets in an accident today and doesn't have chains or snow tires on their car is getting an extra ticket for being a suicidal idiot.

And for the record, if you ever fly into Kansas City, I'll get the Gaia Community Welcoming Committee™ to greet you at the airport with heaving exposed cleavage and very friendly kisses.

Ah, Gaia Community -- where the official motto is "Caring for the Earth and each other because our lives depend on it", and the unofficial motto is suspected to be "Breasts are welcoming and help attract and retain members!"

But please, if you could wait until spring... there's this unfortunate saying about how cold a witch's tit is... and we hate to reinforce stereotypes.
[User Picture]
From:chronarchy
Date:January 27th, 2004 03:49 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Where were you guys when I spent 12 *freaking* hours in the KC airport buying novels at the paperback stand like it was water for a dying man?

*shudders*

On the bright side, I got started reading Philip K. Dick's short stories there, but it was still pretty bad (and expensive!), and on the way back, when we stopped for a layover in St. Louis I was out of money and couldn't buy the FHM with Anna Kourkinova on the cover. It was a sad day (I'm not really that into her, but it was the thought that counted, and I wanted something mind-numbing to read).

But believe me, you'll get a call if I *ever* have to fly through KC again.
[User Picture]
From:kittenpants
Date:January 27th, 2004 04:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Ugh... I am so sorry. KC's airport is really wretched for long layovers.

Yup, you should come visit some time. We're big on hospitality. :)
[User Picture]
From:suicidekttn
Date:January 27th, 2004 04:10 pm (UTC)
(Link)
It takes about 2 hours from Phoenix to Tucson, less if you drive like Arizona people.
[User Picture]
From:qorinda
Date:January 27th, 2004 07:42 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Of course I will meet you at the airport with a great big sign saying "Hot sexy Senior Druid of Three Cranes, your party is waiting! And I'll be dressed to kill, with thigh high boots, a short, short skirt, and low cut, see through blouse. OK? Hmmm.. maybe I will even dye my hair red for the occasion.

Kirk's home from his cruise now, so will probably respond fairly quickly.

And tell Tina I'll take good care of you. That will reassure her. :)