Current Music: "Cowboy in the Jungle", -JB

From:tlachtga
Date:February 4th, 2004 05:11 pm (UTC)
(Link)
ah, but then what comes afterwards?
[User Picture]
From:qorinda
Date:February 4th, 2004 07:39 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Sorry to hear you lost your mail. What a bummer!

As for going around "once".... Well, that could lead to hours of discussion about everything happening simultaneously, and about time being an invention of humanity to organize our awareness into some semblance of order out of the chaos of NOW. But, rather than getting into all that, I tend to view reincarnation as a working theory which I use for ease of explanation, having had what I consider to be past life memories.

Of course, if one refers to what I said at first about simultaneous time, then it could be that I am living in many dimensions at once, and sometimes they bleed over so that I think it is a memory of a past life, when in reality, it is simply a memory of a parallel life.

Taking it a step further into the Jungian work I have done, I wonder if these memories are simply accessing the dream realm, and the so-called memories are actually imaginal dream symbolism to help me to understand better some aspect of my life.

In the long run, I don't think it matters much, one way or another. I can use the information beneficially in any case.

On another note, I do believe that some aspect of consciousness continues after death - our physical bodies become new life in other forms (if we allow it, rather than locking ourselves away in caskets that never rot), and our consciousness becomes part of the collective consciousness of the ages. And personally, I believe that we retain a sense of individuality, even as we merge in that amorphous state.

However, when it comes to living our lives, I believe it is best to live NOW, and not for some possible afterlife, or level of consciousness, or whatever. To live totally in this moment NOW, is to make the most of life, however it manifests in the future.

Needless to say, I have given this a bit of thought. :)
From:vampyrecandy
Date:February 5th, 2004 05:53 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Nah, I figure we go around more than once.

When I was growing up I believed this because I figured it'd be impossible to be around God without having "refined" oneself- and it'd be impossible to do such in one lifetime (based on my own life up to that point).

Now, it makes sense based on stuff I've read and experienced since then.

Of course, there's no way to summarily prove it either way as we exist now.