"Rum and cooked animals and bullshit by the ton . . ." - Chronarchy — LiveJournal

February 5th, 2004

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
12:11 pm - "Rum and cooked animals and bullshit by the ton . . ."
I need a real Magic 8-Ball.

I'm tired of just making up what the 8-Ball says. Like the Rubic's Cube, Ninja Turtles, and a 2600, I never owned one of these true relics of the 80's, and I feel like I missed out on quite a bit. (Yes, I am aware that some of these things are older than I, but this is where I associate them in history.)

I love the idea behind the song "Semi-True Story":
It's a semi-true story
Believe it or not
I made up a few things
And there's some I forgot.
But the life and the tellin'
Are both real to me
And they run like the rain
All the way to the sea.
I'm looking at courses for next quarter. I'm planning to take Jones' "Myth and Ritual", and kinda trying to decide between the following:

  • Classical Archeology
  • Topics in ancient myth and society (taught by Fritz Graf)
  • The Hero in Classical Myth
  • Persian myth and folklore
  • Myth of ancient Egypt and the Mesopotamian
  • Marx, Nietzsche, Freud

Help me out? What other class would you take?

On a very random side note: does anyone know if the lady on the cover of Cunningham's "Truth About Witchcraft Today" is/was actually Wiccan?
Current Mood: chipperchipper
Current Music: "Bank of Bad Habits", -JB

From:freyjasgydhia
Date:February 5th, 2004 05:22 pm (UTC)

believe it or not...

(Link)
I had an eight ball..
A rubics cube.
And a rubics triangle (much cooler because it had neon colors and was a pyramid for those budding pagan kids...)

Yes, I was a 'with it, kid of the times..'
And yes, I'm that much older than you..
;;)
From:healing_coyote
Date:February 5th, 2004 05:33 pm (UTC)
(Link)
I took Persian Myth and Culture, and it was an awesome class!
[User Picture]